Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Underwater Magazine Directory

Started by Alex_Mustard ·

  • 21Posts
  • 21Replies

Read-only discussion

Underwater Magazine Directory

21 posts
  1. I thought it would be useful for all members to start an information thread listing underwater publications (diving/wildlife) and publications that regularly use underwater pictures (like nature magazines, geographic magazines and photography magazines).

     

    I hope this will be useful information for members interested either in subscribing to these publications or submitting. Hopefully members from different areas/countries can

     

    Please DO NOT post email addresses! It is best just to limit the descriptors to magazine name, language and wesbite, which is obviously public information.

     

    There are no limits on the type of publication (print, electronic etc) just anything that will be of interest to Wetpixel members.

     

    Alex

    Edited by Alex_Mustard
  2. Hi all,

     

    BBC Wildlife magazine. Its monthly and its fantastic !!!! As far as I know its only in English though I maybe wrong (for once)

     

    www.bbcwildlifemagazine.com

     

    Cheers

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

    Edited by Alex_Mustard
  3. I agree with Dean about BBC Wildlife, I have had images in a couple of issues in the last few months. In the UK we have three main Scuba magazines:

     

    DIVE Magazine

    http://www.divemagazine.co.uk/

     

    Diver Magazine

    http://www.divernet.com/index.shtml

     

    SportDIVER

    http://www.sportdiver.co.uk

     

    And of course Underwater Photography Magazine

    http://www.uwpmag.com/

     

    There are of course many more. But I'll leave others to contribute a few too.

     

    Alex

    Edited by Alex_Mustard
  4. HI Alex,

    I also think that there is a magazine which promotes

    SSI (scuba shools international. ) I;m sure I;ve seen it

    in the news agents.

    Andy

  5. Yes I think I bought a copy a few years ago. Was it just called SCUBA..? I'll try and fish (excuse the pun) out a copy..?

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  6. In addition to National Geographic, Fathoms Magazine is the only magazine I really read. I get Sport Diver and Rodales Scuba Diving, but they just don't have the same quality.

     

    Fathoms comes out only four times of the year but is just really really amazing.

     

    www.fathomspub.com

    Edited by diveh2o
  7. being in the UK I love BBC wildlife (even had a couple of pics in there myself), but the best (in my humble opinion) nature magazine is Nature's Best www.naturesbestmagazine.com

  8. Denmark's X-Ray Magazine:

    http://www.xray-mag.com/

     

    Jack

    Edited by JackConnick
  9. Heres three from Germany all in german ofcourse, but I am sure everybody can understand German its easy B) . The first two are the most popular ones.

     

    Tauchen

     

    unterwasser

     

    Aquanaut

     

     

    Also bis Später

    Ted

  10. And don't forget:-

     

    http://www.asiandiver.com/ Asian Diver

     

    and

     

    http://www.diver.com.ph/ ScubaGlobe Asia Pacific

     

    interesting diving and photography articles, Asian Diver has more on Underwater Photography plus a monthly portfolio. Did anyone here enter their photography contest at the begining of this year?

     

    Andy, Scuba magazine is still produced here in the UK at Poole in Dorset, quite often the editor pops in for a chat and a coffee at our dive shop.

     

    Alex are we including top side nature as well or would you like to limit this thread to below waves for the time being?

     

    All the best Peter

  11. Ca Diving News prints images though I doubt they pay for them. I find it very usefull for local (California) scuba info.

     

    http://www.saintbrendan.com/

    Edited by davephdv
  12. Outside Magazine

     

    http://outside.away.com/index.html

     

    Fairly regularly has underwater and SCUBA material in it, particularly the "Parting Shot" and "Exposure" sections.

    Edited by Craig Ruaux
  13. These are some of the mags I receive and not yet listed:

     

    DYK - Denmark

    DYK - Sweden

    Dykking - Norway

    Duiken- Holland

    Octonyk - Russia

    Mundo Submersio - Mexico

    Mundo Submersio - Portugal

    Buceadores - Spain

    Plongeurs - France

    Plongee - France

    Octopus - Italy

    Subaqueo - Italy

    TauchSport - Austria

    Potdwondy Swot (sp?) - Czech

    now my brain hurts..

    Edited by John Bantin
  14. And don't forget:-

     

    [ 

    Andy, Scuba magazine is still produced here in the UK at Poole in Dorset, quite often the editor pops in for a chat and a coffee at our dive shop.

     

     

     

    All the best Peter

     

    If you are thinking of Scuba World (Poole Dorset) published by Mark Nuttall, I think your info needs updating. It is my understanding that Frank left some months ago and no issue has been published since.

  15. Added some links to JB's list:

     

    DYK - Denmark

    http://www.dykmag.net/uk/frame_main.htm

     

    DYK - Sweden

    http://www.dykmag.net/uk/frame_main.htm

     

    Dykking - Norway

    http://www.dykking.no/wsp/dykking/webon.cg...mplate=engelsk3

     

    Duiken- Holland

    http://www.duik.net/bladduiken/index.html

     

    Octonyk - Russia

    http://www.octopus.ru/

     

    Mundo Submersio - Portugal

    http://mundosubmarino.net/

     

    Buceadores - Spain

     

    Plongeurs - France

    http://www.plongeurs.com/

     

    Plongee - France

    http://www.plongeeonline.com/Index.php

     

    Subaqueo - Italy

    http://www.subacqueo.it/

     

    TauchSport - Austria

    http://www.tauchsport.net/

     

    Alex

  16. May I suggest that snappers who had pictures published in these magazines provide some information that could be useful to would-be contributors to any of these mags? Though some inforamtion surely can be found at their websites it would be even more useful to know the experience of fellow snappers with regards to fees paid, copyright respected, response time, etc. That way this directory could be somewhat more useful than a similar search on Google...

  17. I agree with you Snappy, that would be useful information, but most of those factors vary with the quality of material you are submittin, how good a relationship you have with a publication and how well known you are.

     

    Alex

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.