Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

I caved !!!

Started by Giles ·

  • 11Posts
  • 11Replies

Read-only discussion

I caved !!!

11 posts
  1. I lost my AMAZING wonderfull Canon SD20 in midnight blue at our Xmas party this year .. along with all the photos I took that night.

     

    I needed a new camera.

     

    I went out to buy one .. I wanted my Canon back so I went to the shop on Cayman that sells Canon .. they were closed by 2pm !!! ARRRGG

     

    So I went to the New Camera store affiliated with Cath Church to go get what I knew they had but had resisted and almost refused ... I got a Cool pix S3

     

    I have never owned anything but Canon (exceot first my first UW camera Oly 3040) And I have been through a few cameras including Rebels and Compacts all of which have been Canons.

     

    I now find myself with a sexy small compact made by Nikon which looks cool and takes great photos ... but isn't a canon. Oh and sorry Alex I got it in Powder Black .. thats the only colour they had.

     

    It's charging ready for new years while I nap and get ready to go bartend ... wohoo multi talented.

     

    (PS i like it at first play .. only thing thats really rubbishy about it is the mickey mouse menu structure ... all big and goofy picture selection stuff ... maybe someone has a firmware update to make it more belonging)

  2. Don't worry Giles - it's actually made by SANYO and Nikon puts their brand on it. I kid you not.

     

    Cheers

    James

  3. Ah Thank god ... I mean .. thank james ...

     

    its kinda like texas instruments making every bit of computer insides.

     

    cool ... anyway .. i have to keep an eye on it so Alex doesn steal it ...

     

    HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE !!

  4. Don't worry Giles - it's actually made by SANYO and Nikon puts their brand on it.  I kid you not.

     

    Cheers

    James

    <sprays Coke over monitor and keyboard>

     

    All the best, James

  5. And here is a photo taken with my S3 of supermodel shaxted and best-behind-the-camera mustard on NYE. Fairly late on.

     

    I will attach it rather than link it as it is probably best only viewed as a thumbnail.

     

    Alex

     

    And yes, Giles's S3 is much much cooler than mine. Damn him.

    post-713-1137091169_thumb.jpg

    Edited by Alex_Mustard
  6. Ugh... and all this time I had imagined you were cute!

  7. well ... i will follow up on Alex's post .... as my camera is cooler than his ... once you've gone black .. you'll never go back ..

     

    similar image .. same photographer ... better results ...

    post-638-1137109335_thumb.jpg

  8. That's even worse, Giles. :lol:

     

    Not only is your camera cooler than mine it takes better pictures. Sorry for not catching up properly before leaving the island.

     

    Alex

  9. Same ugly green shirt.... :lol:

  10. sorry for not catching up.. i thought you were just bailing on the dinner i bought you guys !! no worries .. i'm sure i'll see you before i leave ... got your normal spring trip planned ?

  11. Ha ha. I forgot we owed you dinner!

     

    Alex

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.