Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

shooting film

Started by wetpixel ·

  • 21Posts
  • 21Replies

Read-only discussion

shooting film

21 posts
  1. As a beginner, I very much enjoy the ability to instantly review and adjust my technique that digital affords. I can get strobe positioning and exposure nailed the way I want it by experimentation while leaning the science. Then I can show my family what the dive was like on the TV in the hotel.

     

    I used a cheapie reefmaster on a dive on the last vacation because it was included with the dive package and although I thought I was taking great pictures (no shutter lag!) everything came out as total crap. I would have been happier with my digital.

     

    I'm not publishing my 2 mpixel photos in a magazine or printing billboards, and I'm sure that real photographers can produce excellent results focusing blind by measuring distances as well. But as a quick way to get good photos, digital is where its at. Certainly its the future for the professional as well.

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.