Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Flash options?

Started by alcina ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Flash options?

8 posts
  1. Not sure if this is the right place...

     

    I like the flash shows of images I see on some people's websites and was wondering a few things:

    1) what programs do you use? I need something dead easy :)

    2) I would also want to show a page of images but have the slideshow run as flash, if that makes sense. I hate having to watch the whole thing and not be able to stop on an image or not be able to go to an image to look at it. Is this possible or not?

    3) am I on the wrong track? should I be using something else for my web site?

     

    Right now I have very easy jpeg images up and that's OK. Just thinking of other ideas.

     

    Also, since I'm here - the other day I got a notice that I was at 80% capacity on my site but the visitor numbers hadn't significantly gone up and I haven't <ahem> updated in a while...turns out that someone was downloading en masse. Have never had that happen before. I know there's nothing to be done about it...but it's kinda insulting. I would never dream of doing that to someone else's images...

    Edited by alcina
  2. Checkout Jalbum http://jalbum.net/

     

    If you want flash then you will have to download the bananaskin 'skin' from http://jrepository.engblom.org/

     

    It is all fairly straightforward to use, I use the same source files as I use when generating slideshows.

     

    There are two albums on my website http://www.guernseybiscuit.com/ done with the above setup.

     

    Paul C

    Edited by PRC
  3. The Jalbum that Paul mention is great, its have a lot of skins and someone that know a little html/java script can modify and build new skins very easily.

    Two more options I know:

    - At Photoshop one of the options at 'save for web' is flash version.

    - Combination of two free tools: Porta & SimpleViewer, it’s very simple and create nice presentations, you can see example I done with it here.

  4. Thanks! I will check that out for jalbum.

     

    Also - is there some way to make it faster for those with dial up? My Grandmother is my biggest fan - loves to show those photos at bridge club - but she's on dialup...I'm afraid going to something like this (flash) will not work for her?

  5. Welcome to my world....

  6. Thanks!  I will check that out for jalbum.

     

    Also - is there some way to make it faster for those with dial up?  My Grandmother is my biggest fan - loves to show those photos at bridge club - but she's on dialup...I'm afraid going to something like this (flash) will not work for her?

     

    Alcina, the best you can do is save all your images with the "Save for web" command in Photoshop. They will be about half the size as they would be if you save with "Save as".

  7. Alcina, the best you can do is save all your images with the "Save for web" command in Photoshop. They will be about half the size as they would be if you save with "Save as".

     

    I do this already :( Are you saying that if I use those in flash it "should" be OK for those on dialup even in a flash presentation?

     

    And - is there a skin or program that will let you display the thumbnails in a more traditional manner but still be flash? (display like my nudi page for example http://www.oceansbyanderson.com/SLUGS/index.html )

  8. And - is there a skin or program that will let you display the thumbnails in a more traditional manner but still be flash?  (display like my nudi page for example http://www.oceansbyanderson.com/SLUGS/index.html )

    The tools I recomended before create also an html version, you only have to call a different index page: 'index_html.html' instead of index.html.

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.