So after reviewing most of the photos from our PNG trip I have to admit I am a bit disappointed. I just can’t say I came back with any WOW photos. Most problems were due to operator error, exposure, poor composition, etc… I am learning from my mistakes. BUT I want to get past taking “nice fish portraits†to taking those kinds of photos I see posted by so many here. Those photographs where all you can think is “that is one of the most incredible things I have ever seenâ€. Mike’s manta rays come to mind.
I think it would be great to hear how the more experienced, published, members plan a “dive� What things do you think are must dos on a dive to capture that special image? What do you think you do differently than the average wannabe like me?
Given understand it varies due to subject matter but I would be very interested in hearing peoples thoughts.