Thanks Alex -
I still wanted to know how and what you make your decison on regarding taking the filter down instead of the strobes. I assume shallower depth with good sunlight but was wondering what your thought process is.
Read-only discussion
Thanks Alex -
I still wanted to know how and what you make your decison on regarding taking the filter down instead of the strobes. I assume shallower depth with good sunlight but was wondering what your thought process is.
One off the reasons to use filters and not strobes is the coverage.
Strobes , how poweful the can be cant light very deep in water, filter on the other side can "PICK UP" colors meters away
The Strobes cant light a wa angle scene if it is not close focus WA. filters have no linitation in degrees they are as wide as the lens is...
They are other reasons to to use filters .. for artiric photography Black & white and many more.. and dont forget that without strobes the setup is lighter
Thats mean mot that strobes are unececery, Filter photography have big limitations.. just use them as a toll to create better photos
Lambis
Another question regarding setting the WB at 'real time':
I notice that sometimes when I'm doing WB manipulation on the computer with the RAW PS converter there is an increasing of digital's noise in the frame.
Does setting the WB at the water improve it?
If you are working in RAW then there is no advantage in final image quality in setting WB in the water.
The reason for using filters is to avoid having to use such extreme WB settings and therefore keep noise within acceptable limits.
Alex
If we speek about white balanve and technic the only times that i have problems is in photos as the follow

If you shoot this wa photos in 20-25 metes deep with magic & available light
hoe you do best to get the maximum of colors and contrast and still keep the blue backgound ... BLUE?
Lambis
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.