Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Now in Hawaii...

Started by Rocha ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Now in Hawaii...

8 posts
  1. I know I mentioned to some of you that I was moving to Hawaii. Well, I am finally here. I got a job at the Hawaii Institute of Marine Biology at Kaneohe (Oahu) and I am looking forward to meeting local wetpixelers... Everything is very expensive here, a 2 bedroom apartment costs 2k for rent, I guess paradise has a price. Wish me luck!

     

    Luiz

  2. Good Luck Luiz!!

     

    And you are much closer to Lembeh!

     

    Rand

  3. What are you doing on the internet in Hawaii. Get in the water. (Then get on the net and show us your pics :P )

     

    Good luck trying to get any work done in paradise.

    Edited by acroporas
  4. What are you doing on the internet in Hawaii. 

     

    That's a good question! :D I've been here for a week and haven't been to the water yet. Apartments are not only expensive, but hard to find too. I called almost 20 last week and they were all rented, amazing. But I will get in the water as soon as I find a place to live :P So, what am I doing on the internet? Looking for apartments and cars!

     

    Yes Rand, it is a lot closer to Lembeh! :) I will have a lab meeting today when we will decide on our travel schedules and will let you know soon.

     

    Luiz

  5. Congrats on the job and the move Luiz!

     

    btw, 2K for a 2 bedroom is expensive?? Maybe I could afford Hawaii after all!!

    :P

  6. Congrats on the new location and job.

    Hope to get there some day.

  7. Congrats on the new location Luiz!

     

    I'll echo Richard's comment. The rent is not any cheaper here, but the water is much colder. Consider youself very fortunate.

  8. 2k!!!! damn.....

     

    glad i don't live there....

     

    COngrats on the move Luiz and welcome to the US where things cost a lot more!!!!

    You should move to GUam, its cheaper.... :P

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.