Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Hi, I'm Going Digital

Started by Steve Parry ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Hi, I'm Going Digital

5 posts
  1. I would just like to introduce myself and say hello to you all. I have only played

    at U/W photography to-date, but would like to learn more about the subject and

    improve my own skills at U/W photography. Having read some of the editorials and write-ups on this site, I suspect I have found the right forum !

     

    I have been using a Sea & Sea MM2EX, TTL Strobe, WA and 3T macro for about 3 years.

     

    I've decided i'm going digital this year. After much researching, I have decided

    to go for the Sea & Sea 8000G with stobe and WA. I have never tried a digital

    camera underwater and only have rudimentery experience of using a basic

    digital land camera.

     

    I would be interested to hear from anyone else who reccently went on the

    learning curve from film to digital and what valuable lessons were learned

    on the early dives.

     

    I would also like to hear from anyone who uses a 8000G and what thier

    experiences are to-date with this camera. I appreciate the 8000G is relatively

    new which is possibly why I can't find much impartial editorial on this product.

     

    I'm based in the UK and will probably test my new camera at an in-land site

    to get the feel for it before going out to the Maldives at Easter. Then it's back

    to the Farne Islands to hopefully get some good pics of the seals.

     

    Steve Parry

     

    BS-AC FCD

    BS-AC Eastern Region Coaching Team/ Area Coach- Bedfordshire

    BS-AC Travel Club East and South Asia Correspondant

  2. I have been using a Sea & Sea MM2EX, TTL Strobe, WA and 3T macro for about 3 years.

     

     

    Steve Parry

     

    BS-AC FCD

    BS-AC Eastern Region Coaching Team/ Area Coach- Bedfordshire

    BS-AC Travel Club East and South Asia Correspondant

     

    Welcome to WetPixel Steve. Lots 'o friendly natives within. With your experience, you should be teaching us!

     

    Regards,

    S.

    Edited by Scubaskeeter
  3. Welcome steve

  4. Welcome Steve,

    My advice is to go to the P&S cameras forum here and read there some threads about what is important in cameras/housing for some people, from there you'll probably have to decide what is important for you and according to that to decide what is the combination you for.

    For instance if you want RAW option the 8000G is not for you.

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.