Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nikon to Release "Crop Corrected" Lenses for DSLR

Started by james ·

  • 24Posts
  • 24Replies

Read-only discussion

Nikon to Release "Crop Corrected" Lenses for DSLR

24 posts
  1. Assuming his assumptions are correct, I think the bottom line will be the cost. I would be willing to fork out the $500+ as some have mentioned on this site, and the lens would have to follow whichever direction my camera goes. On the other hand, I might have trouble spending $1500+, like their other AF-S lenses, for a lens that I might not be able to use indefinitely.

     

    I know that is only one man's opinion, but it certainly gives some perspective. That's what I like about this site. Keep digging guys.

  2. "I definitely wouldn't mind seeing one of the 12-24 lenses with a Canon mount.... "

     

     

    I agree to a point, I would love a 12mm lens assuming it's much less than the 16-35mm L($1400.00) Since it will not work on a ffS it had better be cheap.

  3. assuming it's much less than the 16-35mm L($1400.00)

     

    Good point, MUCH less would be nice...

  4. I'll wager that this lens is less than $500 retail.

     

    I think this lens is aimed at the D100 crowd - some pros but mostly enthusiastic amateurs.

     

    Remember, wer're talking about an F4 lens here - most probably a lightweight plastic body G series lens.

     

    If anyone wants to take me up on the bet, I'll wager a 6-pack of Tecate...:)

     

    Cheers

    James

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.