Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

WB in Vegas

Started by Shasta_man ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

WB in Vegas

4 posts
  1. After bumbling around ineffectively in Vegas Color Correction, I thought I would ask the board.

     

    I'm trying to correct for poor auto white balance performance on MiniDV.

     

    Any tips on how to achieve this would be greatly appreciated. Is this even the right tool? I don't find anything like Premiere Pro's select white eyedropper for adjustment.

     

    Many thanks

  2. Add a Video Track FX, and then add the Sony Color Corrector filter.

     

    You should be able to use an eye dropper for Black Level, Grey Level, and White Level. The grey level would be the traditional "White Balance".

  3. Are you using full Vegas, or Studio? I think I found the eye dropper based correction was not available in Vegas Studio.

  4. Are you using full Vegas, or Studio? I think I found the eye dropper based correction was not available in Vegas Studio.

     

    That might be your issue - Studio doesn't offer many of the more advanced tools of Full blown Vegas 6. You may be stuck with having to kludge your way through the white balance issue.

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.