Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

ID of this baby fish ?

Started by shchae ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

ID of this baby fish ?

6 posts
  1. Hi,

    Sorry for not posting clear picture but, is focused picture with thin depth.

     

    Anyway, Can you please, ID this baby fish ? I found them in Phillipines.

     

    I really appreciate your work.

     

    Sam

    post-815-1139469437_thumb.jpg

    post-815-1139469480_thumb.jpg

    Edited by shchae
  2. Juvenile sweetlips. Best guess would be the most common adult species in your area.

     

    Alex

  3. Sweetlips? hmm, interesting.

     

    Cool little fish, i would not even hazard a guess myself.

     

    I would use my usual (i have no freaking clue...) "Oh that!? Thats a juvenile wrasse..." I always get away with that one.... :unsure:

  4. "Oh that!? Thats a juvenile wrasse..."

     

    It would have worked on me. :unsure:

  5. :unsure:
  6. Mike,

     

    Is that what you tell your guests when they see a manta and say, "is that a manta?" and you reply, "no, that's a juvenile wrass." Then they go home and show their friends and family a six-feet wide juvenile wrasse :unsure::huh::o

     

    Joe

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.