Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

My New Web

Started by Lionfish43 ·

  • 20Posts
  • 20Replies

Read-only discussion

My New Web

20 posts
  1. Still a work in progress but I thought I'd give everyone here a preview and also an opportunity to comment and/or criticize.

     

    My Webpage

     

    Thanks

    Edited by Lionfish43
  2. I think you need to make up your mind on what your name is! :unsure: Ralph, Larry: I am a bit torn on the black. I like it and i don't...

     

    I was originally going to do my site in black but then i thought was too dark. I tend to like white back grounds better these days, not sure why...

     

    I quite like the galleries layout, with the thumbs to the left, very clean look and great images (at least in Pacific, i am biased so only looked there :huh: )

     

    Nicely done Larry/Ralph.... :o

  3. Hi Larry,

     

    I like the individual gallery pages. And your shark pix took me back to last March. Thx for sharing them.

     

    Cheers

    James

  4. I like the images and the clean view of the galleries, As Mike I prefer something lighter as background, this days I like most grey or blue-grey but this is personal.

    The links to the galleries are not clear I suggest you open them only when someone click on the 'Galleries' link or put them in a tree like structure under galleries, something like this:

    About

    Bio

    Contact

    Galleries

    -- Caribbean

    -- Pacific

    -- Sharks

    -- Details

     

    Just my suggestions so don't take them too seriously.

  5. Ralph,

     

    Wonderful photography. Are the thumbnails adjustable? They seem too small for my old eyes. Guess I need glasses :unsure: What software are you using to do the web development?

     

    Joe

  6. Hmmm. Not sure what's going on, but when I try it in Firefox, the pictures are teeny-tiny -- and not just the thumbnails. In IE, it seems to work OK . . .

     

    Mike

    Edited by MikeO
  7. I think you need to make up your mind on what your name is!  :unsure:  Ralph, Larry:  I am a bit torn on the black.  I like it and i don't...

     

    I was originally going to do my site in black but then i thought was too dark.  I tend to like white back grounds better these days, not sure why...

     

    I quite like the galleries layout, with the thumbs to the left, very clean look and great images (at least in Pacific, i am biased so only looked there :huh: )

     

    Nicely done Larry/Ralph.... :o

     

    Thanks Mike,

    The name thing is always a dilemma for me. My birth name is Ralph Lawrence and most people - friends, family, web-acquaintances - call me Larry. In work/business relationships I use Ralph to avoid confusion but as you can see it often creates confusion. Someday I'm going to need medication.

     

    The black is driven by my use of Porta/Simpleviewer to build the galleries. I'm not sure how to edit those pages.

     

    Larry...err...Ralph....umm...pass the Prozac

  8. Arnon, James, Joe and MikeO,

    Thanks for the comments. I used Porta/Simpleviewer to build the galleries and then imported them into Front Page 2002 to build the web-page. I'm stictly an amatuer when it comes to web design so I'm a little handcuffed by my inability to edit the Porta galleries.

     

    Does anyone know if there is progarm or tutorial that will give me the ability to cutomize Porta/Simpleviewer. I played with it a little in a text editor but I couldn't fiqure it out.

  9. Hi Larry,

     

    Looks like the view from Room 404 in St Vincent :unsure:

    I kind of like that place myself !!! Love your pictures. I won't comment too much on the website, no expertise here. It runs quite smoothly and fast, no wait time I kind of like that.

     

    Sylvie

  10. Hi Sylvie,

    Actually, I believe we were in 401. Upstairs on the pool side.

  11. I like grey as a background, not as harsh as black. I would adjust the frame (do this in frontpage) size border to 0 and make the menu background the same colour as the gallery background (grey). Then it should look like a seemless page.

     

    Paul

  12. OK, I made some changes following everyone's suggestions. I changed the background color on the Bio and Caribbean pages and changed the frame spacing. The other galleries I left alone. I kind of like the grey sidebar with the black gallery. Please compare the Caribbean and Pacific galleries and let me know what you think. Thanks for your input, it's a great help.

  13. The site definitely has problems with Firefox... the thumbnails are the same size, but the full size image in Firefox is much smaller (about the twice the size of the thumbnail).

  14. The site definitely has problems with Firefox... the thumbnails are the same size, but the full size image in Firefox is much smaller (about the twice the size of the thumbnail).

     

    Yep, for me, too. Everything is so small as to be "non-viewable" in Firefox (which increasing numbers of people are using instead of IE).

  15. thanks for the heads-up. I'll have to get Firefox and try it out. Nothings ever easy is it.

  16. Could someone who uses Firefox do me a favor and check my webpage. I've create a new gallery called New Images. Would you let me know if it looks normal.

  17. I have Firefox version 1.5.0.1 and the site looks fine on my computer. Also tried it in IE 6.0 and it looked the same.

    Maybe there's a change in the new version of Firefox or maybe there's a preference issue?

    Good luck with the troubleshooting.

    Edited by bondo
  18. Not only does the 'New Images' gallery work now, all of the other galleries work too.

  19. Site looks good to me. I am running the latest version of Firefox.

     

    Excellent images, by the way...

  20. Much thanks to everyone who pointed out and checked the Firefox issue for me. There was a very simple fix and supposedly the new version of Porta/Simpleviewer does not exibit this behavior. Thanks again.

    Edited by Lionfish43
Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.