Skip to content

Video Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Sony HDV H3 announced

Started by freediver ·

  • 12Posts
  • 12Replies

Read-only discussion

Sony HDV H3 announced

12 posts
  1. Nah !!

     

    I'll stick with the A1 for now.

     

    Apparently has 5lux but whats 2 more between friends.

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  2. Nah !!

     

    I'll stick with the A1 for now.

     

    Apparently has 5lux but whats 2 more between friends.

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

     

    LOL - Good one Dean... :angry:

  3. The slo mo option looks cool, but as I haven't even got my new A1 into it's housing and into the water yet, I'll not be buying another toy so soon ....

    Edited by NickJ
  4. This seems to be up against the Sanyo camera. Would be great for surface footage while the proper cam is in the houisng.

     

    I wonder if there will be an A3 to go with it.

     

    Nick

  5. EDIT: Oops, noobie mistake... Sorry didn't realize there was another recent thread on this announcement. Can one of the mod's either scratch this post or toss it over in the other HC3 post. thanks.

    http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12290

     

    Sorry if this is old news, but looks like Sony will start rolling out HC3's in Japan this month and April for the rest of the world.

     

    http://www.digitalworldtokyo.com/archives/...hc3_full_s.html

     

    210206_HC3small1.jpg

     

    Does anyone with connections to the big housing manufacturers know if any housings are in the works for the HC3?

     

    Tempted to get the HC1, but might hold out a bit longer for the HC3

     

    another link but in Japanese. looks like a Japan release date of March 3rd and possible price of jpy160,000. that bigger LCD looks nice...

    http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/av/docs/20060221/sony1.htm

    Edited by pakman
  6. I bet Ikelite will have one soon.

  7. Yep. my bet on Ike to be the first....

  8. TopDawg housings will work with it already.

  9. In addition to the generic housings as well as Ikelite, I know some of the other manufacturers are seriously tossing the idea around and will probably be announcing their decisions as soon as the camera is released.

  10. It will be interesting to get one of these in my hands.

     

    We have had a number of customers succeccfully install HC1 / A1 camera is housings that were built for the TRV950. I in turn have fitted a TRV950 into a EVO HC1 housing.

     

    I wonder if it is a near fit to some previous camera ? ??? Sort of looks like the TR3400.

     

    It looks like you could fit the HC3 with a wideangle lense fitted in the TopDawg housing and be able to use the monitor back.

     

    all my 2 cents are starting to add up to 4 cents

     

    Peter

  11. will be interested whether the HC3 will allow manual WB like the HC1. If the Sony annoucement is correct, appears this might do better in low light.

     

    Good to hear housing manufacturers are seriously looking at this camera.

     

    BTW, what is the usual time lag from when a camera is rolled out to when a housing manufacturer gets a production housing out into the market? just curious...

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.