Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Contest Winners Posted

Started by james ·

  • 32Posts
  • 32Replies

Read-only discussion

Contest Winners Posted

32 posts
  1. The Wetpixel/Divephotoguide contest winners have been posted on our site. See the homepage for details.

     

    http://wetpixel.com/i.php/contest/

     

    Congrats on the well-deserved wins - and to great representation from both Wetpixel members and the international underwater photography crowd.

     

    Cheers

    James

  2. Congrats to all the winners.

    Great selection of images.

  3. Congrats Guys! Some fantastic images in that contest. Cool macro Karl! Vazuw, Excellent. Nice to see some familiar names placing too. Special Congrats to John Johnson for his win. Beautiful shot.

     

    Rand

  4. Outstanding work.

     

    Congrats to all the winners for some stunning images. Truly deserving winners. Great job to the judges and those who helped put the contest together too.

     

    Kudos

     

    Todd

  5. Eric deserves special thanks for the HUGE amount of work he put in to make this happen.

     

    Alex

    Edited by Alex_Mustard
  6. Beautiful images. I love the shark..BOS! :angry:

  7. im honored and thrilled. to place against the pros is humbling. I spent alot of time on my shot to get everything in its place for the composition. aka vazuw

  8. Some really inspiring images, congrats to all!

     

    Luiz

  9. Well done everyone!! Some outstanding shots there!

  10. Thanks to Eric and Jason Heller for making this great competition possible....congrats to the winners

     

    Karl

  11. Congrats to everyone. Like mrbubbles said, its very humbling to place. For me it's actually the first time I placed first (or second) in a major contest.

     

    Cor

  12. Congrats - Cor, Karl, MrBubbles and all the winners. Well done. I'd also like to give kudos to Eric and all the organizers for bringing us another quality competition. I'm just going to have to try harder next year to bring home a piece of those super prizes.

  13. Hey, guys! You have a whole year to prepare for the next one. :P

     

    I was really impressed with the caliber of the submissions, and am really looking forward to next year.

     

    But I'm going to outsource the administration. I was nearly catatonic after organizing the 1000 entries!

  14. Hey, guys!  You have a whole year to prepare for the next one. :D

     

    I was really impressed with the caliber of the submissions, and am really looking forward to next year.

     

    But I'm going to outsource the administration.  I was nearly catatonic after organizing the 1000 entries!

     

     

    I hear James has lots of lonely nites out on boats with nothing to do.... :D:P

  15. Hey, if someone wants to buy me a satellite internet setup, I'm game. The internet connection out there is about the equivalent of 56k. So now I know how you feel Mike :-P

     

    Cheers

    James

  16. Anyone else noticed this?

     

    What are the odds that one camera brand would sweep the awards?

     

    It doesn't mean a thing, just unlikely with the number and caliber of photographers using different cameras!

     

    Karl

  17. Very interesting Karl. I just did a Find on the contest page and searched for Canon. Guess what I came up with: nothing. Not a single FF sensor in the bunch.

  18. As a judge of the competition I was surprised when I heard this. I certainly wasn't aware of this while judging. Coincidently the judges were half Nikon shooters and half Canon!

     

    As for the results, I think that Nikon's are still much more popular in UW shooting - most probably for historical reasons. That, and the fisheye. Also most of the people who were winners in this comp are well established UW shooters who have been shooting for years, and most are film converts. So they stuck with Nikon - as Canon had very little presence UW before digital.

     

    Canon DSLRs are getting increasingly popular, but mainly with people who did not shoot an SLR UW on film. And generally these newer photographers are less likely to win big comps, but this will and is changing. I certainly think that an entire Nikon winners circle is highly unlikely to happen again.

     

    I think here at WP we can get the impression that Canon is perhaps more popular UW than it is because the majority of the moderators shoot Canon, as do several other regular posters on the forums.

    But I see the opposite at Magic filters, where we sell about 5 Nikon filters to one Canon. If that is any guide? Most housing manufacturers will tell a similar story - although perhaps less so with the brands that are bought most by newer converts.

     

    Alex

  19. Not to be a total idiot, but I'm a total idiot. Where are the images? I wanna see!

  20. George, they are on the bottom of the link posted above

     

    Karl

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.