Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Canada you shook the world!!!

Started by elbuzo ·

  • 21Posts
  • 21Replies

Read-only discussion

Canada you shook the world!!!

21 posts
  1. Congrats canadians !

     

    Canada 8 - USA 6 , i couldn't believe it !!!.

     

    El buzo

  2. Are we talking baseball here?

     

    Good on us!!!

  3. I think that you don't hear a lot about baseball down there but the first world serie started last week.

  4. Outstanding.

     

    Although we have always had a couple of great baseball players. Next stop Hockey. :) We sucked in the Olympics. Maybe the Soccer team has a chance instead. :o

     

    edit

     

    I was referring to the men as the Baseball is also men's.

     

    Note Hayley is from Sask. and the Canadian Women's soccer team also kicks butt. I should have been more clear as I was extremely proud of the Olympics and the womens huge contribution to the medals. My mistake for not being more specific.

     

    I liked the cartoon in the Globe. Coach talking to the men's hockey team and telling them..."Play like a bunch of girls" :D

    Edited by yahsemtough
  5. I seem to remember a Women's Hockey GOLD.

    Canadian women rocked in the Olympics.

    Marli

  6. Touche Marli...

     

    Todd you are about to get a beating..... :)

  7. I'm a big Olympics fan so I have editted my post. I was not specific enough. Marli is definately correct.

     

    Damn red wine :)

    Edited by yahsemtough
  8. I couldn't believe it when I saw the score. Thought it was a mistake.

     

    A great win for Canada. Beat Mexico and you are in the next round.

     

    I wasn't sure from the above posts. How did the Canadians men's hockey team do in the Olympics?

     

    Considering they have half the worlds top hockey players.

  9. We Canucks would rather forget how the men did, right, Todd? :)

    Marli

  10. I don't think the Men were in this years Oly's were they? something about a protest or something...

     

    :)

     

    But they women!!! Outstanding.....

  11. Whats 'baseball' ?

  12. Whats 'baseball' ?

     

    It's a trendy, sped up version of cricket.

    Edited by herbko
  13. ewww... sounds like Twenty20!

     

    Give me a good 5-day game any day...

  14. We Canucks would rather forget how the men did, right, Todd? :o

    Marli

     

    Well, Canada entered a Men's Hockey Team but they thought the Olypmic hockey rules had changed to make it an individual sport. :)

     

    How about the Women's Nordic Team. Outstanding!! Women's Speed Skating...again. It was truly impressive to watch.

  15. HA HA :o:D;)

     

    Canadians and Americans doing well at ..SOCCER :) FOOTBALL I think you mean.

     

    Anyway back to it Ha ha ha :lol::lol:

     

    Sorry I thought I was in a 'comedy' forum then ;)

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  16. "It's a trendy, sped up version of cricket"

     

    I didn't realise it was THAT slow!

  17. If cricket was a computer, it would have calendar spinnig on the screen instead of the familiar hourglass !

     

    Then again with baseball you get to see grown up men scratching their genitals, spitting tobacco on the ground, hitting the side of their shoes with a bat and slowing down what is already a painfully eternal pace. Gee I really miss the Montreal Expo, thanks Washington !

  18. How about the UFC tournament : Canada vs. USA. Sort of leans south :D:blink:

     

    Joe

  19. Back to the Olympics.... How about men's curling????

    Team Gushue ROCKS rocks!!!

     

    GO CANADA GO!!!!

  20. Curling? .... Now only the Canucks could think that a man with a broom in his hand is a sport. :blink:

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.