Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Uploader Page

Started by wagsy ·

  • 22Posts
  • 22Replies

Read-only discussion

Uploader Page

22 posts
  1. A MESSAGE TO ALL

     

    Because I'm a nice guy :)

     

    If you want to load up some video clips or pics, I made a Uploader Page where you can upload to my server.

     

    Anyone is welcome to use it but if it gets to much I will have to cut it back abit.

     

    [uPDATE: Uploader page is offline -- please do not use it, for now... -moderator]

     

    Enjoy

    Wags

    Edited by echeng
  2. Top man wags.

     

    As soon as I get sorted I'll bung a few bits on there.

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  3. Wags you are outstanding!!!

  4. Great service! Thank you.

     

    I've seen a lot of people using Google Video and YouTube lately as well, but I'd prefer using a non-commercial service like what you have provided.

     

    As video builds out here on Wetpixel, I'll have to figure out some sort of way to get video in our galleries here. Perhaps a VOTW or VOTM? :)

    Edited by echeng
  5. Well glad I could help.

     

    I have tested it with pics and small video clips but not anything large yet.

    You can even load up other type files like doc. zip. pdf. etc and then send the links to other people to download.

     

    Mmmm maybe this will become huge... might have to increase the bandwidth again. If it gets to huge maybe we all can chip in to pay for the bandwidth/hosting fees.

     

    Mike I posted on another thread, but nice pics in your shark story, well done.

  6. Thanks Wags! Which mag?

     

    Looking for a funny manta clip to upload... can't find it!

  7. ok, think i got it up there now....

     

    You need to put up the volume to get it....

     

    Smack

     

    Wags... you want people to just hit the link or right click and save as? that is what i told people to do...

    Edited by MikeVeitch
  8. Hey I though we only had water like that here?

    Liked the sound effects...

    It played straight away my end but maybe save to desktop would be better first for large files.

     

    Congrats there Mike...the first one to load up something. Dial up, what it take you an hour for that :)

     

    The story on the font of wetpixel is what I was on about.

  9. Aha! took me a while to figure that one out about the sharks, i usually go straight to the forums and then i found the article up....

     

    Actually those aren't sound effects, thats the real sound! I don't like it when large critter nail my housing....

     

    Thats on the 950, not the HD. The HD would have been more green... :blink::D

     

    Nope, the fix still not arrived....

  10. Hey Wags - I'm having trouble uploading my A1 clips. They are all under 50meg - actually 3-6 meg - no spaces, no illegal characters. Each time it seems to upload and then:

     

    Upload File

    Couldn't Copy File To Server

    Wagsy Uploader

     

    Take a look and see whether anything has uploaded. Otherwise maybe you better switch off that "nothing from Asia under any circumstances "firewall you set up <_<

    Edited by NickJ
  11. Mike

    Talk about slow mail. Wonder if it will turn up!

    I once got wacked on the head by a Manta during mating, made me drop the housing.

     

    Nick

    Nothing on the server, I will try loading up a large file my end, may have to do abit of tweeking to the code.

     

    Stay tuned.

  12. Hey Wags - I'm having trouble uploading my A1 clips. They are all under 50meg - actually 3-6 meg - no spaces, no illegal characters. Each time it seems to upload and then:

     

    Upload File

    Couldn't Copy File To Server

    Wagsy Uploader

     

    Take a look and see whether anything has uploaded. Otherwise maybe you better switch off that "nothing from Asia under any circumstances "firewall you set up  <_<

     

     

    My upload was only 284kb......

    I did wmv on medium quality....hence the shit quality, and was only 15 secs...no prob. Maybe somethin to do with it?

     

    No idea really....

  13. Mike and Nick

     

    That PHP was to buggy, so I made one using CGI

     

    Here is the link NEW UPLOAER PAGE.

     

    [uPDATE: Uploader page is offline -- please do not use it, for now... -moderator]

     

    I loaded up a 5 meg file my end and it seems to work now.

     

    You can even go here to view whats on the server.

    View Server

    Edited by echeng
  14. I once got wacked on the head by a Manta during mating, made me drop the housing.

     

     

     

    You guys certainly do things differently down under!! :blink:

  15. Sorry - WHO was mating? :blink:

  16. :blink::D:(
  17. :blink: There were 2 Male Mantas chasing the girl, they swam pass me and then they did a very quick loop and came back around and straight into me...thud...filmed it all.
  18. Hello All,

     

    Just returned from NAB (wow!) and picked up a couple of great tips and resources. (Also attended the 2 day NAB Podcasting Summit, and then gave a presentation at the Media Communications of America-International ProTrack session on podcasting following NAB.)

     

    There's a project/service called "Coral; The Content Distribution Network" that is available for *free* through the New York University Secure Computer Systems.

     

    Here's how they describe what they do (did I mention that this is for free?):

    CoralCDN is a decentralized, self-organizing, peer-to-peer web-content distribution network. CoralCDN leverages the aggregate bandwidth of volunteers running the software to absorb and dissipate most of the traffic for web sites using the system. In so doing, CoralCDN replicates content in proportion to the content's popularity, regardless of the publisher's resources---in effect democratizing content publication.
    By adding a simple appendage (.nyud.net:8080) to a hostname in a URL, the content is cached on one of the volunteer servers and transfered by nearby peers wherever possible "minimizing both the load on the origin web server and the end-to-end latency experienced by browsers."

     

    In other words, folks with high volume downloads of content such as video files can avail themselves of this program to lessen the transfer load on their own web servers/hosts. This is huge!

     

    So Wagsy and Eric and everyone one else who might be concerned about big hits to their servers/web hosts, take a look at what Coral is doing and see if their service might make even more video online a little more feasible!

     

    And BTW, I have a new video podcast up about the locally managed Marine Protected Areas of Fiji. If you have iTunes on your computer, you can subscribe to the video podcast and download this latest episode. And, of course, it's all *free*! Enjoy!

     

    Mary Lynn

    DiveFilm.com

  19. That's some great info Mary - thanks for posting!

     

    Cheers, Simon

  20. My pleasure, Simon. And I really enjoy your video podcasts!

     

    I recall reading your weblog entry about webhost shenanigans, very glad you made it through all that. And I very much appreciate you sharing your experiences--it motivated me to become better prepared in the event my webhost gives me difficulty in the future. So very happy to give back--thank you.

     

    Keep up the good work!

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.