Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Outdoor show ??

Started by DeanB ·

  • 21Posts
  • 21Replies

Read-only discussion

Outdoor show ??

21 posts
  1. Hi all,

     

    Is anybody attending the 'Outdoor show' at the Birmingham NEC on Sunday 19th.???

     

    I will be there from around 10-10:30am. If you want to meet up for a beer.

     

    The 'Go diving ' part has the 'British underwater image festival' with stills and video shows throughout the day..

     

    Should be good.

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  2. I'll be there Sunday Dean.

     

    You can buy me that beer you owe me :blink::o;)

  3. Good man Steve..

     

    First ones on me

     

    DeanB

  4. iam not there but i made it into the final of the buif ;)

  5. Visit my buddy Colin at the Scuba Safaris booth and tell him he looks like Keith Richards..

  6. Hi,

     

    Just got back..Great show, the diving area was small but I suppose its still in its infancy at this kinda show..

     

    There were only 8-9 films on entered and that was amateur and pro.. :)

     

    I only saw around (at the most) twenty people watching the films. But it was quite full for the prize awardings.

     

    Some really good photo's. Especially from the Young people catagory.

     

    Sorry for the crap/short report but I'd seen one or two of the films before and the others were so choppy I felt seasick :D So we went to the bar and...Oh well.

     

    I expect the winners will be on DIVE and SPORT DIVER websites soon.

     

    There was a bit of controversy when a shot of some kids swimming in a pool won an award.. I thought it looked alright but there were some gasps and mutterings of "out of focus" and "what the fook!!"around me. Maybe Alex should have put his doggy swimming shots in ;)

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  7. I chose not to enter the BUIF because if I had done well everyone would have said fix! as I write regularly to the organising magazine. It was a pity as I really wanted to support this competition.

     

    Alex

  8. Did anyone hear who the winners were?

     

    ~Matt Segal

  9. JP (Frogmansub) knows who the winners are, maybe he'll see this thread

     

    Saw your shot on the wall there Matt - nice work.

     

    I thought the standard of images in the Young Underwater Photographers category was particularly impressive, some really nice images there

     

    Steve

  10. "I chose not to enter the BUIF because if I had done well everyone would have said fix! as I write regularly to the organising magazine. It was a pity as I really wanted to support this competition."

     

    That was very thoughtful of you - it gave us mere mortals a chance!

  11. Ha,ha.. ;):)

     

    I was going to enter my photo's but their shit...

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  12. ROTFLMAO

  13. Yea, I was going to enter BUIF, but I'm not British.... ;)

  14. I didn't enter BUIF because apparently you have to take the photos and not be in them ... I need to get that remote control added so I can do both !

     

    :);)

  15. any news from the buif ??

  16. There were some great images on display. From memory the winner in the portfolio section was Gavin Newman with 6 cave/diver images. In the open category Zac McCauley won with an images of two children in a swimming pool with some nice surface reflection. In the young photographers category a stunning split image shot of a black tip reef shark won but I can't remeber who took it.

     

    I thought the winning porfolio and the young photographer images were well deseved but I had a lttle trouble liking the swimming pool shot in the open category. I just presumed that pool and aquarium shots were not worthy so this was perhaps a controversial winner.

  17. i made the runner up in the young photographer section B)

     

    but why is it called runner up and not second place ??

  18. i made the runner up in the young photographer section  B)

     

    but why is it called runner up and not second place ??

     

     

    It is runner up because you are in the youth category.... therefore, as a youth you are expected to have lots of energy and can actually "run"!

     

    Us old farts can't do that anymore due to battered knees and bunyons and so have to settle for second place... :P

     

    Congrats on your "Second Place" Nautilus! Outstanding, can you show us the shot?

  19. here we go,was taken in lembeh last year with D70+60mm

    post-4151-1143224569_thumb.jpg

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.