Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

CP5000 Settings

Started by kdietz ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

CP5000 Settings

7 posts
  1. Going to Cozumel this weekend for my first trip since I changed from an Olympus c4040 to a CP5000. I need some direction on several settings:

     

    Assuming that I will edit in Photoshop 7............

     

    1. Image Adjustment Menu..........normal?

     

    2. Saturation Control.......-2?

     

    3. Image Sharpening Menu.........off?

     

    4.Fixed aperature

  2. sorry, got trigger happy..........

     

    4. Fixed Aperture........off

     

    5. White Balance.........auto or cloudy

     

    6. info.text............off

     

    I plan on shooting in RAW but I'm getting record times of 22 seconds with my Viking 512 CF............Fine takes about 4 seconds

     

    BTW, I have researched past postings on this subject and appreciate all that I've learned to date

     

    Thanks for the help,

     

    Karl

  3. I shoot in Fuji Raw - I think NEF is similar.

     

    If you are shooting in RAW, then most of your settings are a "moot point" because you set them later on your computer. White balance, image adjustment, saturation, sharpening are all "post processing" functions done by the camera firmware (when you shoot JPEG) or by the conversion software, when you shoot RAW.

     

    Why don't you try shooting some RAW and some JPEG. Or choose Jpeg as your default and switch to RAW if something really cool comes along or lighting is difficult? It only takes the push of 1 button w/ the Coolpix, right?

     

    Good luck and have fun!

     

    James

  4. thanks James for the insight............

     

    so far around the house, I'm impressed with the TTL exposures I'm getting with this setup.........just not impressed with the RAW record times..........maybe shooting in FINE is the answer unless something really special comes along and like you said, it's a quick push of one button to change

     

    Karl

  5. I have the same set up. I shoot fine. Don't see any diff tween that and Raw and I get a write time of 2 to 4 sec. I leave the sat and contrast controls at neutral.

     

    For closeups and macro set the speedlite control to -2, F8 and 1/250 to 1/500 sec and back off the strobe 1 1/2 to 2 ft from the subject.

     

    Set quick shutter release, contiuous low, and use a preset WB :ph34r:

  6. Thanks Dave? and James..................I appreciate your help.....................

     

    Karl

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.