Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Photos of published works?

Started by alcina ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Photos of published works?

3 posts
  1. I've been told that I will want to have an image of my various published stuff on my site but I am not sure how to do this.

     

    So far I've just snapped a couple of quick shots to share with family and friends. Is this the way to go but with more care? How do I get around the problem that some of the photos weren't printed very well (IMHO) in a couple of the issues?

     

    It is extremely doubtful I could get digital files of the finished product from the publishers.

     

    What to do?

  2. It is extremely doubtful I could get digital files of the finished product from the publishers.

     

     

    Actually, if you ask nicely, you may be able to obtain PDF files of your work from the publisher. I did obtain some of mine after some coaxing...

     

    If that doesn't work, it's better to use a flat bed scanner to scan the finished product rather than take a snapshot of it.

     

    Cheers,

    Mat

  3. As Matt says, you may be able to get PDFs from the publisher (although often this is a pain for them - and it may be better not to annoy a client).

     

    Most of the time i just take snaps with my compact camera. The quality isn't great, but then I don't use these types of images that large on the web anyway. They are more an illustration of how your images are being used.

     

    Having your pictures published is always something of a lottery! At the moment the publicity shots from AoD are being printed in many different magazines. It is interesting for me to see how the results from different publications varies, despite having the same input files, and how they compare with the book.

     

    One advantage of snapping magazine spreads is that you can always re-correct the colours before posting them on line!

     

    Alex

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.