Skip to content

Video Gear and Technique / Archived topic

What size Storm case for LMI Bluefin HD?

Started by globaldiver ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

What size Storm case for LMI Bluefin HD?

8 posts
  1. I finally took the step and jumped ship (from my original Gates plan) and purchased the LMI Bluefin HD housing. I hope that it will be a good "investment."

     

    I am planning to get a Storm case for it since it will lower the overall weight of the system compared to the Pelican alternative. What size Storm case is needed for this housing (what Pelican case is LMI normally including in their travel package) ?

     

    Anders

    Edited by globaldiver
  2. This won't answer your question; but the LMI case for the A1U is the 1520 and your housing will be bigger. This case fits the housing, the handles, lights, arms and a bunch of other things. So depending on what you want to carry with it.

    Terry

  3. Thanks for your answer Terry.

     

    I have looked at the Storm web-site and it looks like the iM2750 would work. Does anyone use that one?

     

    Anders

    Edited by globaldiver
  4. Anders,

    I have the 2750 storm case. it is almost exactly the same size as the L&M spec'd pelican case. It fits everything just fine. Nice case, rolls well and is solid.

    Shawn

  5. Anders,

    I have the 2750 storm case. it is almost exactly the same size as the L&M spec'd pelican case. It fits everything just fine. Nice case, rolls well and is solid.

    Shawn

     

    Thanks Shawnh,

     

    I thought that this one would be perfect, but had to double-check. :-)

    I will not have time to get it before Saturday so I guess I have to use a back-pack to the dive boat this time around...

     

    I assume your housing is still working flawlessly. :-)

     

    On a sidenote: What insurance is the best for video gear of this magnitude?

    I have previously used DANs H2O insurance, but since I was fortunate to never have to use it, I can not really tell how good the policy is compared to others...

     

    Anders

    Edited by globaldiver
  6. Housing is working great!

    I use DAN H20 as well...never used it but it's coverage is pretty comprehensive.

    Shawn

  7. Don't you think the Storm cases, as well as Pelicans are more subceptable to theft in the airports? I was looking at the Stormcase 2075 for my A1-U system. What do you all think as I have been using an igloo for some time.

    Steve B)

    Edited by steve
  8. I would probably not use a Storm or Pelican case for transporting camera or scuba gear when flying, if I do, I'd put regular clothing there and use an ordinary suitcase to transport dive gear I cannot bring onboard.

     

    When flying, I would instead use Shawnhs example and bring the system as a carry-on. The Storm case would in my situation instead be used more for local, and boat diving.

     

    Anders

    Edited by globaldiver
Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.