Skip to content

Lights, Strobes, and Lighting Technique / Archived topic

Slave sensor for a Nikonos SB-105

Started by trimix18/45 ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Slave sensor for a Nikonos SB-105

7 posts
  1. Hello, I looking for an external slave sensor for a Nikonos SB-105 strobe, can someone recommend a product ?

     

    Thanks,

  2. Hello,

     

    I don't think there is an external slave sensor for this strobe. The sensor is built into the front of the strobe and that's it.

     

    The only strobes that I know of w/ external slave sensors available are made by Ikelite.

     

    There may be others that I don't know about.

     

    Cheers

    James

  3. I know of two.  Inon -TTL slave adaptor:

     

    http://www.oceanoptics.co.uk/inonttl.html

     

    That can be part of the solution but it is only usefull if your slave strobe isn't facing the triggering strobe, since sb-105 already have a sensor on its face.

     

    Do you know if we can connect that part on a cable that can be placed to to the opposite side of the slave strobe face ?

     

    Dominic

  4. Dominic,

     

    I've used the Inon sensors before (they are built into their Z220 strobes, which I have) and they do a good job of seeing a 360 degree field of view.

     

    Meaning - the strobe can be aimed away from you and still be triggered by the slave sensor.

     

    Does that help, or do you need the strobe to actually be "around the corner" from the sensor? In that case, you'd probably need a special 'male to male' cable to connect between the sensor and strobe.

     

    Cheers

    James

  5. That can be part of the solution but it is only usefull if your slave  strobe isn't facing the triggering strobe, since sb-105 already have a sensor on its face.

     

    Do you know if we can connect that part on a cable that can be placed to to the opposite side of the slave strobe face ?

     

    Dominic

    You can use fiber optic cable to connect from the main flash to the SB 105 sensor,

    e.g. this product

  6. Does that help, or do you need the strobe to actually be "around the corner" from the sensor?  In that case, you'd probably need a special 'male to male' cable to connect between the sensor and strobe.

     

    Cheers

    James

     

    Thanks James.

     

    I guess the "around the corner" situation would be usefull inside a wreck or a cave.

    I will try next dive of that kind.

     

    If it doesn't probably the fiber cable Arnon_Ayal suggested would be a nice try,since product is pretty cheap.

     

    Arnon did you tried that cable? You just tie one side of the cable near the sensor on the strobe and that's it ?

     

    Dominic

    D70s, Aquatica housing, dual sb-105

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.