Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Olympus 8080 users

Started by Ding ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Olympus 8080 users

5 posts
  1. What setup do u use for macro work I'v got good results wide angle but on macro I find the autofocus hunts and does not always focus :D

     

    If u want to see my pics go to

    http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j62/johnnicolson/

     

    Was thinking I might need a spotter light

     

    Any thoughts

  2. Hi Ding...

     

    I've got reasonable results with the following seeting in the Supermacro mode (I use an Ikelite DS50 strobe):

     

    * ISO 50

    * Manual mode: shutter 1/250 - Aperture F8.0

    * Normally I set AF Mode to SPOT, but for low-contrast subjects I found that iESP provides a faster focusing.

    * Metering mode: I use to set it in ESP.

     

    Autofocus with low light conditions is painful with this camera. I improved autofocus response with a Fantasea 44 LED light (http://www.fantasea.com/product_details.asp?id=68). It works great, especially for night divings.

  3. I have NO idea if this would affect what you are asking about but I was on the Olympus site today looking for O Rings and they have some software updates for the 8080. One of them concerns AutoFocus problems.

  4. I have NO idea if this would affect what you are asking about but I was on the Olympus site today looking for O Rings and they have some software updates for the 8080.  One of them concerns AutoFocus problems.

     

    Can u send me a link to this update I could not find it

    Thank u

  5. Hi Ding...

     

    I've got reasonable results with the following seeting in the Supermacro mode (I use an Ikelite DS50 strobe):

     

    * ISO 50

    * Manual mode: shutter 1/250 - Aperture F8.0

    * Normally I set AF Mode to SPOT, but for low-contrast subjects I found that iESP provides a faster focusing.

    * Metering mode: I use to set it in ESP.

     

    Autofocus with low light conditions is painful with this camera. I improved autofocus response with a Fantasea 44 LED light (http://www.fantasea.com/product_details.asp?id=68).  It works great, especially for night divings.

     

    I think with the lower light I get in scotland the only change I have made is shutter speed now 1/100

    Finnart6a.jpg

     

    I am going to get a spotting light but dont know which one yet ikelite has a bracket and torch that fits under the DS50 strobe will try this and let u know

    if it works

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.