I have no problems using TTL with my new DS125 for my Olympus 8080 connected with a sync cord to my Ikelite housing.
However, I found my macro shots too bright (burnt!) whenever I use TTL when I've heard others use TTL for macro and have no problems.
Can anyone help me solve this problem?
Danny
HI Danny...
What fstop are you shooting those macro shots? I believe the 8080 goes to f10? make sure you are shooting at f10 when shooting macro.
It's also possible to reduce the flash output in TTL mode by using the flash compensation function on your camera (the lightning bolt with a +/- sign next to it).
Also, you can make a simple test to see whether TTL works (just to be sure). Face the flash towards the camera. The flash output should be very small. Next face the flash away, and put your hand in front of the port. The flash output should be full blast.
Ha! i should have thought of mentioning the test.. been too long since i rented out Nik Vs i didn't think of it..
Danny,
Read this guide specific to teh Olmpus C8080 on Ikelite's web site:
Some Olympus cameras have quirks depending on where you are in the C8080's zoom range, macro enabled or off and of course f-stop chosen. This guide should get you in the ballpark to start with.
Hope this helps!
dhaas
Thanks for the reply guys! Will do the test...
I am using f8 (that's as far as the 8080 would go), iso 50 and shutter speed of 100 to 200 (depending on how far the subject is).
observed that at super macro and macro mode the flash output is really intense even though i tried the flash compensation up to -1.0
danny
try moving the strobe back a little or aim it straight ahead and "paint" your subject with edge lighting
Karl
Thanks for the reply guys! Will do the test...
I am using f8 (that's as far as the 8080 would go), iso 50 and shutter speed of 100 to 200 (depending on how far the subject is).
observed that at super macro and macro mode the flash output is really intense even though i tried the flash compensation up to -1.0
How did u get on with these settings? I am going out tomorrow (25/7/06) to try out what I have read here and see what results I get.
Hope the weather is kind to me as scotland is not know for its good weather
Will post my results
It's also possible to reduce the flash output in TTL mode by using the flash compensation function on your camera (the lightning bolt with a +/- sign next to it).
Also, you can make a simple test to see whether TTL works (just to be sure). Face the flash towards the camera. The flash output should be very small. Next face the flash away, and put your hand in front of the port. The flash output should be full blast.