Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

BlueSphereMedia - Launched my site

Started by shawnh ·

  • 30Posts
  • 30Replies

Read-only discussion

BlueSphereMedia - Launched my site

30 posts
  1. :lol: They're blummin' pricey them placky bags! One of them and I'd have to seriously think about growing my own rice. And the case would clash awfully with my dive bag.

     

    I'm so far off the pace now I've decided to leapfrog you lot and go straight for a RED setup. B***ocks to this 1080i malarkey.

     

    It's all sucked in now Wags. Seagate 500Gb bulging. It's Vegas' "make awesome movie" command that I'm having trouble finding.

  2. Believe me...i have contemplated becoming a starving artist. Problem is I live in Colorado, 1000 miles from the nearest ocean. Poor wouldn't get me any diving at all! My wife and daughter have something to say about my idea of dissappearing on a remote indo island...:lol:

  3. Wags,

    Uploaded all the files. You saved me a ton of encoding work. I may just borrow your services in the future b/c I am a limited Mac user now;)

    shawn

  4. Perhaps I'm feeling a tad cantankerous, but GOD I HATE WMP. I usually don't bother viewing .wmv files anymore.

     

    My experience: Your quicktimes had clear sound, nice tones, no significant aliasing artifacts that I could see, and just worked. The WMP versions had severe banding in the blue water tones, aliasing artifacts out the wazoo and the audio sounded like it was being played by a worn-out cassette player at the bottom of a deep well. For 200K less downloaded (i.e. Manta in blue part 1, HDV), I think you give up a vast amount by using WMP as your format.

     

    Just my 'umble opinion. I liked your material, but felt let down by the file format/CODEC

     

     

    (using a MacBook Pro 2GHz with 2GB RAM and broad band, QT Pro 7.0 and whatever the latest WMP player is, FWIW)

  5. Glad to help shawn.

     

    Craig those wmv file were made straight from the small QT ones so ofcourse they will not look as good as if I did them straight from a timeline. The sound is like that because I picked a very low quality for the sound to keep the file sizes down.

     

    Also while I was batch encoding all the QT clips for shawn to wmv, I was surfing the net, and burning to twin DVD burners at the same time :lol:

     

    But it is true QT plays better on Macs & WMV plays better on PC'S but most people surfing the net are on PC's and may not even have QT 7 installed.

  6. Craig,

    After much testing, Wags is pretty much on. If you are on PC, .wmv is the way to go (PC's treat QT like a plague). On the Mac, the QT is much better. Overall, I have experienced slightly larger files but better quality on my Mac with the QT files than my PC with the .wmv files. That being said, I am not in a position to dictate what folks use...and most use .wmv. As such, if sharing content is goal, both formats are currently required.

    Really appreciate the time you spent looking at the files and offering feedback.

    Shawn

  7. Just a thought, have any of you guys tried using Flash to deliver video content? It has come a long way and I've seen some pretty impressive results recently.

    Statisticly 98% of connected computers have Flash player, 85% Media player and 68% quicktime player. So if it's viewing for the masses that any of you are after then it may be an interesting option.

  8. Shawn, that was a really professional looking website......easy to navigate, the message got through no problem, not overly complex with whizz-bang bells and whistles, a perfect balance between artistic and corporate/photojournal professionalism and closed perfect by your service offer.

  9. Shawn, the site is beautifully laid out. Really nice job and hope you gets some footage sales from it.

    Steve B)

  10. Guys,

    Really appreciate the kind words and glad you liked the site. I just returned from cocos/malpelo trip...hope to post some good stuff from there in the coming coming month.

    Shawn

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.