Beautiful stuff Wagsy, and very well shot. All that plus more is giving your client a very generous deal. They should be very happy. Maybe they could offer you a nice big Plasma screen to sweeten the deal.
Dan
Read-only discussion
Beautiful stuff Wagsy, and very well shot. All that plus more is giving your client a very generous deal. They should be very happy. Maybe they could offer you a nice big Plasma screen to sweeten the deal.
Dan
Thanks Dan.
Mike... then you have no air left to clean ya dust cap....
Yes Dean, many a time I had to cut my filming dive short cause of a buddy...
I did think of that as part of the deal. Yes they are getting a great deal for the amount of footage I am giving them but it's a good $$$ package and they are only going to display it at their trade shows and I'm delivering it in HD wmv format.
It also gives my stuff great exposure...who knows who will see it playing.....
It's rather cool as I'm sitting here editing up the pieces, (1.00am
) then I encode a low res one for a demo for them to watch, then I upload the full wmv files to their server in the states. Never thougth we could do that with the internet a few years ago.
So all you HDV shooters, get some footage up on your websites, get allot of bandwidth and see what happens. Don't just give your footage away either, get a far price but it does not have to be a crazy high price like true HD. It took me 2 weeks to come to the final deal.
Hang on don't I suppose to have a MAC to do this on ![]()
![]()
Wags,
You are my hero! I just downloaded your demo clip...wow. I also scrubbed your logo off, set up my ecommerce site and have already made 20K USD on your clip...thanks man;)
shawn
Bahahaha...
That stingray transition was awesome, really smooth and pro. They got Howard Hall quality for a bargain.
Ha Ha.....don't forget to give me my cut.....
I will load up the final versions to my site when I am done. I put more cool nudie/fish shots with the lights and other stuff. The lights really show up HDV good but I still love the open wide CC filter shots.
That stingray shot was shot in dirty water, I used Premiere Pro's CC filter to fix it up. For those that are using Aspect HD plugin, don't use it's CC filter that comes with it as it will cause banding in some shots.
For true CC we need to be editing in 10 bit not 8 but Premiere Pro's does a great job. Also I have found that Main Concept Pro's plug in for Premiere Pro does a better encoding out of m2t files than what Aspect HD does, thats even with Prem Pro 2 and the 4+ Aspect HD version. Apart form that Aspect HD is very good for real time editing on the PC.
The mob in Russia are interested in 3d underwater. That is bolting two housings side by side and shooting.Anyone have a spare Phenom??
Congratulation to your footage, my daugther and I enjoyed it very much!
I read these forums since a while but after your demo I felt I have to register myself...
According to the Phenom: Actually I have, with a Z1 and some HID lights. And I live close to Russia (in Hungary) ![]()
regards,
Jules
Wags,
Really awesome. I am very impressed with both your production as well as the reef life over there. Such nice still footage and good fish life. Makes me want to come check it out!
Thanks for sharing,
Justin
Wags,
Like the music choice, and that second song sounds familiar, who is it?
Oh and I love the video. I'm still playing with my new equipment. Only 4 dives on my new FX1 and Bluefin.
Jw
Sony FX1
Bluefin HD
Wags.
It was an aboslute pleasure to see the clip. I downloaded the big .mov clip, and it was totally worth it !
It shows exactly what's the difference between good shots, and the perfect ones.
Keeping the camera steady !
Damn it's difficult, and improving takes a lifetime of practice.
"We choose to do it, not because it's easy, but because it's hard" (JFK)
And in that process, we all need inspiration, so we know where we are going, you are a true source for inspiration.
Thanks !
I got so inspired, so this afternoon I am diving at the habour pier, doing some macro filming.
Hi Wags,
Your footage is PHENOMENAL
Did you use a tripod for your static shots?
Cheers ![]()
Nathan.
Wow, I'm amazed you like the clip so much...thanks again for your nice comments.
I'll try to answer some questions in the your posts......
Yes all shot on the Ningaloo Ref here in Western Australia.
No tripod, just rest the housing on the sand or push the lens guard into the rubble etc, but of couse never into the coral.
Holding the housing steady while swiming is all down to your bouyancy control and try to take each shot like you are taking a still pic. Think about what's in all of your frame and not just the subject.
The second song is called...mmm... I will have to hear it myself again as I can not remember which one I used. <_<
Julie in Hungary...the Russians were after two HDV housings stuck side by side for 3d movies. Abit pricey to get set up for what it's worth but send me a PM and I will give you there email contact.
Cheers and keep ya bubbles of your lenses... ![]()
Ok, I sent an email...
Some of the info in these latter threads reminds me of some of the things I have never done, like suck an 02 cylinder dry, watching my p02 go from the 1.3 setpoint and slowly creep down to .5 as I make my way to the surface....or watch my c02 monitor eventually turn on my red leds in my HUD and flash a warning in my wrist computer in 3 meters of water.....
You guys on open circuit are lucky because you can use breath volume for bouyancy fine tuning.....doesn't work at all on a a 'breather....
Wags I finally managed to download the whole file - I always seem to get files a lot smaller than they should be when downloading from your server and then only half the film. Is this just me?
What can I say? It's awesome work. I don't know why you are surprised at people's response!! ![]()
I'm pretty sure that most if not everyone that films underwater must breath hold at certain times. I just don't know how you'd get steady shots otherwise. Of course there's steady shots and then there's perfectly steady shots - yours of course fall into the latter!!
I've been talking to a guy who has made a couple of prototypes of a 'tray' system to use in place of a tripod. It's a bit hard to explain, but looks like a great idea and if anyone's interested I'll ask him if I can post some photos etc.
Cheers, Simon
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.