Hi all,
I had my D200 and Sea & Sea DX200 in the ocean for the first time last weekend and really enjoyed the experience. This was my first digital photo experience underwater and I must say that I am impressed! However, I did have a problem on one dive with the 60 mm macro lens. At the beginning of the dive the autofocus worked the way it is supposed to. However, after about 20 +/- shots it wouldn't work any longer. It was "stuck" on a fixed focus. ![]()
Thinking that it might be an issue with the housing, after the dive I took the camera out of the housing to test the function of the autofocus. The autofocus mode was set on the lens the way it is supposed to be - the ring was locked in the autofocus mode. However, it still didn't autofocus. Not until I removed the lens from the body and re-attached it, did it work again. I did not have a chance to take this setup on another dive, so I don't know if this will be a repeat problem.
Does anyone have any ideas on what may have caused this? Mis-alignment of the lens on the body? Lens issue?
Thanks for your time!!
Holger Fuerst