Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

what is your opinons on this

Started by mhdiver ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

what is your opinons on this

8 posts
  1. Could someone please send me a review on the set up.

     

    Sea & Sea DX-750G Sport Digital Camera Set

     

    I can't seem to find a review.

     

    thanks

    Mike

  2. i don't know of one of the top of my head...

     

    But.... saying that, i tend to think the Sea and Sea set ups are overpriced for what you get. The quality of the picture is not top notch and the pricing is rather outrageous. I think you would be better off going with an Oly SP350 or Canon or Fuji 900 in an Ikelite housing.

     

    But thats just my opinion...

  3. Hi Mike - welcome to wetpixel. I tend to agree with Mr Veitch. Either Oly, Canon or Fuji in an Ike housing. If Ikelite build a housing for the Fuji F30 - this could also make a great camera. Or, if you don't want to take it too deep - you could use Fuji's own housing...

     

    Again, just opinions. But I do think the S&S gear is expensive for what you get.

  4. Mr Veitch is my father....

  5. I have a number of these units ( Sea & Sea , Olympus & Sony ) in rental.

     

    The Sea & Sea DX750G / YS 15 package has survived the rigours of rental with no real issues.

     

    The housing and strobe are first rate in construction and able to take a lot of knocks without showing signs of wear and tear , it is the camera that seems to let this combo down. It is very similar in operation to the many no name brands that appear from China / Tiawan , it is very light weight and feels insubstantial out of the housing.

     

    I cannot say the same thing about the cameras that we have had in polycarbonate ( clear plastic ) housing's. They tend to age rapidly and generally have no resale value at the end of a 6 months rental life.

     

    That said the picture quality does seem to be a lot better from the Olympus and Sony Cameras - certainly they are more user friendly for topside use.

  6. Mr Veitch is my father....

    Sorry mate. From henceforth I shall refer to you as Mike "Dude, where's my Phenom" Veitch.

  7. Sorry mate. From henceforth I shall refer to you as Mike "Dude, where's my Phenom" Veitch.

     

    Does this mean it's in the shop ????

  8. its sitting next to me... looking sleek!

     

    Now you aussies get back on track on this thread.... (takes off moderator hat)

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.