Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

blenny? goby?

Started by StonieJ ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

blenny? goby?

7 posts
  1. This creature doesn't match anything I can find in my Reef Fish Identification book, so I'm assuming it's either to do with the wide variety of colors these fish can display or this is a juvenile fish.

    post-5690-1155272059_thumb.jpg

  2. For future reference, the hawkfish family can often be recognised by the characteristic little "plumes" at the tip of their dorsal fins.

  3. For future reference, the hawkfish family can often be recognised by the characteristic little "plumes" at the tip of their dorsal fins.

     

    Some of them can, Matt, but not all of them have it. That would be too easy! :guiness:

  4. Thanks Leslie! Yep, that's the one. I guess I don't have enough experience with my fish ID book yet to know where to look.

  5. Some of them can, Matt, but not all of them have it.  That would be too easy!  :blink:

     

    He he he. Thanks for the clarification. That's why I put the word "often" in my post :guiness::lol:

  6. Also on page 361 of "Reef Fish Identification" by Paul Humann and Ned Deloach. 3rd edition.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.