Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

1GB Sandisk CF card - $249

Started by wetpixel ·

  • 34Posts
  • 34Replies

Read-only discussion

1GB Sandisk CF card - $249

34 posts
  1. SanDisk 1GB CF Card from State Street Direct.

     

    Seems like a pricing error!

     

    I ordered one. :) Shooting RAW makes a 512MB card only enough for 2 dives or so.

  2. -----Original Message-----

    From: Allison/Customer Service

    Sent: Friday, January 31, 2003 10:53 AM

    To: eric@echeng.com

    Subject: State Street online order

     

    We received your online order for the Sandisk 1gb compact flash card. We have those cards in route to us now and they should arrive around Wednesday of next week. I will email you as soon as your order ships, and we will have tracking the following day. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

     

    Have a nice weekend!

     

    Thank You

    Allison

    Customer Service

    State Street Direct

    800-222-4070

     

    ----- Original Message -----

    From: Eric Cheng

    To: 'Allison/Customer Service'

    Sent: Friday, January 31, 2003 3:51 PM

    Subject: RE: State Street online order

     

     

    Hi, Allison -

     

    This is fine -- but I'd like to point out that your website states that they are in stock...

    thanks!

    -eric

     

    -----Original Message-----

    From: Allison/Customer Service

    Sent: Friday, January 31, 2003 12:59 PM

    To: Eric Cheng

    Subject: Re: State Street online order

     

    Hi Eric,

     

    Thank you, I told my manager and he should be fixing it shortly. That is why I wanted to email everyone. I will email you as soon as your order ships.

     

    Thank You

     

    Allison

    Customer Service

    State Street Direct

    800-222-4070

  3. Thats about £150 UK. Amazing price. Where's Todd. I can't resist this price.

     

    If I order & pay will they ship to Canada? I could ask Todd nicely to keep it for me until Port Hardy.

     

    Mark

  4. I would but they only ship to the USA and need a USA credit card. I may have to talk nice to Eric to get one as I too was going to get one.

     

    I may have another avenue...I will look into it and let you know.

  5. Todd, what WOULD I do without you!!

     

    Boy I owe you plenty of Guinness.

  6. Or a 1 gig card. hmmmmm

     

    Kidding!

  7. What speed is that card?

  8. Just wanted to say thanks for the heads up on the card Eric it is appreciated.

     

    Ordering was interesting as they only ship to the US and the shipping address and card billing address used have to be the same. Luckily I have in-laws in the States.

     

    Mark probably thanks you too. I ordered one for him.

     

    Anyway Thanks

  9. Somehow I knew this would happen as soon as I ordered from SSD:

     

    $224 at Dell

     

    Mike

  10. AMEX Best Value Guarantee will cover the difference. ;)

     

    Actually, I just called State Street and told them about it -- they changed my price to $242 shipped. The Dell one comes out to $223.85 + $5.50 = $229.35.

  11. Jessops informed me I can get em for around £102... $150.00.

     

    Shipping? Does it come in a 6' x 4' box?

  12. Jessops? And where might they be located? I found a jessops.com but the only 1gb card I saw was more in the $600 range . . .

     

    And the ones I get from buy.com normally come in a 12"x8"x6" box. Not exactly the most efficient method . . .

     

    Mike

  13. The 1 gig Sandisk CF card costs $550 US here in Australia ;) Makes me want to cry...

  14. The 1 gig Sandisk CF card costs $550 US here in Australia  :(   Makes me want to cry...

    Well, I had to order my RiData 512MB card from Australia when they first came out. They were 1/2 the cost of ones over here, back then. ;)

  15. Jessops informed me I can get em for around £102... $150.00.

    Bob, are you sure? This cannot be right. I have found Jessops to be one of the MOST expensive for camera food previously.

     

    Mark

  16. Not only jessops but the channel island shops too.

  17. Right Im gonna search the jessops site now. If you're right I could be ordering more. I bet Todd latches on to this!!!

  18. They don't sponsor you do they? Just shows how much "Mark-Up" there is!!!

  19. Bob, are you saying you can get for this low price? If so how many?

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.