I'm currently shooting an N90s in Subal housing, with dual Ike 200 strobes. I'm planning to make the move to digital and I'm trying to make the choice between the Fuji S2 and Nikon D100. I'd prefer to reuse the Ike 200s if possible, and my Subal ports too.
I'm considering the following two setups
1. Fuji S2, Ikelite housing and existing Ike 200 strobes
or
2. Nikon D100, LMI Titan D100 housing and existing Ike 200 strobes. I've considered the Subal housing, but I really like the Titan's ROC electronics that will give me full manual control over the the Ike 200 strobes. I can reuse my Subal ports with this housing too.
The biggest difference for me seems to come down to the ability for the S2 to do "real" TTL exposure, rather than using a D100 in the Titan and manually controlling the Ike 200s using the ROC electronics
Having been quite reliant upon using TTL with my existing setup (I particularly like macro shots), I'm leery of switching to a totally manual system, although I understand the benefits of that "instant" feedback that digital should afford me.
The S2 seems like the way to go, but the LMI housing wrapped round a D100 looks pretty sexy to me :freak:
I also want a system that will take a lot of use, as I'm in the process of buying a dive resort in Vanuatu and expect to be using the system quite a lot...
Thanks
Iain

