Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Noise Comparisons - D100, D60, S2pro

Started by james ·

  • 23Posts
  • 23Replies

Read-only discussion

Noise Comparisons - D100, D60, S2pro

23 posts
  1. This has to be said:

     

    WESLEY:

     

    I am sure all of us who frequent this site would have appreciated you having the manners of introducing yourself in the first instance formally as a professional photographer, together with a photograph.

    There are too many "professional photographers" with "day Jobs" as it is.

    This is what the intro thread is for - it helps everyone in the long run, so that advice can be tailored to suit, the level of experience - if any is required. This saves the possibility of publicly humiliating someone, in either direction.

     

    It has been the policy on this site not to belittle anyone no matter what their experience, and no matter how their pictures arrive on our screens. This has been working very well indeed on the whole and a mutual respect is evident throughout these various levels of expertise.

     

    If someone is genuinely trying to offer advice and assistance and you consider it below you then contact them privately by message or email.

     

    James, has been a treasure on this site, (although he wanders sometimes) and I won't see him crapped on!

     

    There are a great number of "masters of PS" around and offering advice on the site already, including people responsible for designing it.

    Wow Bob! Didn't realize i was insulting or crapping on anyone. I think if anything James and I are were joking with each other. I didn't feel James was being harsh to me at all nor do I think James felt that way. I think its always the problem of emails and the internet....doesn't always come across how you meant it. I have found James' comments on many subjects to be very helpful.

     

    If you feel that there is already enough photoshop expertise amongst the users of this site then I in no way want to step on anybodys toes and start offering my knowledge.

     

    Your post was definitely not put forth a joking manner.....not so sure I feel very welcome here ;)

  2. Just ignore him Wesley....that's what we all do... :(

     

    Cheers

    James

    Lately I have been thinking that Bob's eye has been following me... That thing is scary!!!

     

    :(

     

    ;) Oh no... here it comes again... Oh the humanity!

     

     

    M

  3. Your post was definitely not put forth a joking manner.....not so sure I feel very welcome here ;)

    Wesley -

     

    PLEASE continue to contribute here! The more "experts," the better.

     

    In the meantime, I am locking this thread, so we can cool down a bit...

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.