Just my two penneth
Now had the S2 Ike housing for a few months and not long returned back from a 40 dive trip around Thailand, Malaysia and Pulau Weh Indonesia.
I remember when i first collected my housing from the shop and the guy there telling me about assembling it and saying you should assemble it i a clean enviroment such as your hotel room. What a laugh?
I only ever stayed in bamboo huts on the beach that was more sand than hut!
I got paranoid about contamination of the o'rings, so decided to keep them dry and not use any lubricant at all on the basis that the drier a seal the less likely something will stick to it.
Never had a problem. The port clips snapped in place very easily.
All the dives were from tiny speedboats or long tail boats, which required backroll entries. I found the best method was to cradle the camera on my lap, hold the left handle using my left hand and put the storbe arm (mounted on the right) into the crook of my right arm, leaving my right hand free to hold mask/reg.
I deveoloped this technique because of some of the ripping surface currents. I also quickly learned to tether the camera to my right arm. (pulling down a rope in a very strong current with camera and equalizing made me wish i had the arms of an octopus).
But i did hate having to hand up the camera at the end of a dive and wonder how the boatman was handling it when he got it up there.
Washing consisted of a 2 minute dip in warm water and dried off with a leather and stored inside for an hour before taking apart.
But i must say it was a good feeling when someone joins the dive trip with a Nikonos V setup and keeps sneeking envious peeks at my gear.