Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

New Oceanic Mask with built-in computer

Started by Nunomix ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

New Oceanic Mask with built-in computer

7 posts
  1. Hi Guys,

     

    Oceanic is launching in the beginning of January the DATAMASK HUD featuring an advanced air-integrated dive computer built directly into the mask.

     

    p_computers_datamask2.jpgp_computers_datamask_view1.jpg

     

    I see a great advantage when diving in murky waters where looking at the depth gauge is pretty essential when you do not have free hands.

     

    On the other hand, you will have less visibility with the right side of the mask.

     

    Any comments?

    Edited by Nunomix
  2. I'll believe it when i see it. This has been vaporware for a loong time.

    Jack

  3. Jack .. what don't you believe ? If you read the other thread Sport Diver announced it would be released next year, many retailers have product info and pricing (SRP) ... people have worn them .. so it's not vaporware. Not that I think it is a great mask for photographers .. but the idea could be taken further.

     

    It is meant to be coming out March 2007.

    Retailers are expecting it.

     

    DataMask HUD From �TBA

     

    Military Special Forces won't get in the water without it and soon you can dive with it. We’re talking about the DATAMASK HUD �" featuring an advanced air-integrated dive computer �" built directly into the mask!

     

    The DATAMASK contains a miniature liquid crystal display (LCD) panel, proprietary Digital Optic System, microprocessor, depth transducer, wireless cylinder pressure receiver, diver replaceable battery, and controlling software. The miniature LCD allows you to keep your eyes focused on the dive while presenting critical dive data including: current depth, elapsed dive time, cylinder pressure, and dive time remaining. The Digital Optic System provides a clear, highly magnified image of the LCD, which is viewable regardless of environmental conditions and may be seen clearly by the vast majority of people, regardless of vision.

     

    *

    In-Mask Dive Computer Digital Optic System

    *

    Wireless Air Integrated Technology

    *

    Patented Air Time Remaining Algorithm

    *

    Audible Alarms with User Acknowledgement

    *

    Backlighting may be adjusted underwater for brightness as well as full-time or on demand use

    *

    Diver Replaceable Batteries

    *

    OceanLog� PC Download and Settings Upload Software and USB Cable included

    post-638-1167516975_thumb.jpg

    Edited by Giles
  4. It's vapor ware until you handle it in a store. I've seen write-ups on it for I think 3 years now. Should be too difficult though. My twin 7 year old nephews got a laser (infrared) tag system for Christmas that incorporates a HUD.

  5. My comment was a quote from the owner of the largest dive store in the NW and one of Oceanic's largest dealers in the world. I agree with Dave, it's been in write-ups for a long time and been a no-show. No big deal, but I'll believe it when it's in the store and working. and I still wouldn't buy one.

     

    Jack

  6. My comment was a quote from the owner of the largest dive store in the NW and one of Oceanic's largest dealers in the world. I agree with Dave, it's been in write-ups for a long time and been a no-show. No big deal, but I'll believe it when it's in the store and working. and I still wouldn't buy one.

     

    Jack

    I'm not sure I will buy one either but the Oceanic rep had one last week at our LDS. Asked them about interference from strobes and he said no problem but also no data.

    Bill

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.