Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Help. I have a publisher asking to use an image.

Started by mcarey ·

  • 23Posts
  • 23Replies

Read-only discussion

Help. I have a publisher asking to use an image.

23 posts
  1. And CONGRATS on the double page spread!!!

     

    we don´t know if Mcarey got paid in the end.... :)

  2. we don´t know if Mcarey got paid in the end.... :angry:

     

    Hello All,

    Sorry for the delay in responding.

    Yes I did finally get paid and Mike V was correct it took close to 3 months.I want to thank all of you who responded and helped me out.

    Thanks,

    Michael :rolleyes:

  3. Broadly speaking, for US magazines, single page rates should be from around...

     

    Circulation: 10,000-20,000 $100-$150

     

    20,000-40,000 $150-$250

     

    40,00-80,000 $250-$300

     

    80,000 - 150,000 $300-400

     

    150,000 - 250,000 $400-450

     

    250,000 upwards $450 upwards

     

    If it's a big international magazine like GQ or FHM, it depends on how much they want/need the image, but I'd use $800 to $1,000 as a benchmark for an inside single page, and ask if it's going to be syndicated across international editions. I heard the cover of Time is around $5,000, but that's just hearsay. If you're in negotiation with a picture desk/researcher, keep it friendly and with luck they'll come back to you again. Bottom line - every image has its own value - a blurred shot of a giant squid in battle with a sperm whale will sell for a hell of a lot more than a pin-sharp image of a commensal shrimp....

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.