Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

More info: Nikkor 12-24 Lens

Started by james ·

  • 50Posts
  • 50Replies

Read-only discussion

More info: Nikkor 12-24 Lens

50 posts
  1. You didn't say that before so it doesn't count!!! Do the knobs & dials still line up?

     

     

    Most people in all seriousness would be using the digital for both in and out of water!

  2. Go back and re-read my post Bob... :-P

     

    The camera bodies and controls are the same (at least for the S2). The only difference is the "digital buttons" on the back of the camera.

     

    The N80 isn't as tall though, so you would need a "block" of material to mount it to the tray.

     

    I haven't spent too much time on this one, however, if I was going to take a long trip, I'd look into it further. It would probably take me about 2 hrs to get the N80 working in my Ikelite housing.

     

    Cheers

    James

  3. Do you have an F80? :unsure:

  4. Details details!

  5. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

    :unsure::):D:P:P:P:P

     

    Ha Ha Ha!

     

    Checkmate in six moves!

  6. James, don't you just use your spare S2? You know, the one connected to your spare 400 f/2.8?

  7. I love the way my 400 f2.8 becomes a 600 f2.8 on the S2!

     

    Shoot, I gotta go, it looks like they are towing my Ferarri...

     

    Cheers

    James

  8. So, you're crap at cards as well as chess :unsure:

  9. James, I went to my local camera shop to look at the N80. It is definitely smaller than the D100 and an N80 will not fit in a D100 housing. As the D100 is smaller than the S2 I don't see how an N80 will fit in an S2 housing.

  10. So why is this lens so goddam expensive?

     

    According to Nikon

    "The lens will be available in April with the rrp of £899.99" (UK)

     

    I'll have to sell my wife AND my mother.

  11. Hi Mr. Fish,

     

    Where did you find that price? Is that from Jessops?

     

    Cheers

    James

  12. So why is this lens so goddam expensive?

     

    According to Nikon

    "The lens will be available in April with the rrp of £899.99" (UK)

     

    I'll have to sell my wife AND my mother.

    Shouldn't this be posted in the classified section?

  13. It's so expensive because it's the only one of its kind (until Sigma bring their's out).

     

    What diopters are needed to keep it wide?

  14. Bob, check out the specs for the lens. It looks like it might focus close enough that a diopter is not necessary. Boy, I sure hope so!

     

    Cheers

    James

  15. I'll have to sell my wife AND my mother.

     

    Is this good or bad news? ;-)

  16. Depends on how much i get. Do you a deal for the pair.

  17. This is from the press release on the Nikon-USA web site.

     

    While the DX Nikkor lens features Nikon's F-Mount, its optical design is

    specifically for use with Nikon's DX Format sensor and therefore is not

    designed for use with cameras that use either a larger digital sensor or 35mm

    film. Optimizing the lens for Nikon's DX Format sensor makes the lens smaller

    in diameter, lighter in weight, with exceptional center-to-edge-to-corner

    image quality and performance.

     

    You can read the American version at

    Nikon-USA, press release

  18. This could be the a$$ kicker.

    A G-type design offers aperture control exclusively from Nikon digital SLR camera

    bodies.

    Since the S2 is built on a N80 body, does that necessarily mean the S2 will operate the aperture control. It appears that there is no aperture ring on the lens.

  19. It just means that you use the command dial to operate the aperture - instead of an aperture ring.

     

    Nothing to worry about.

     

    Cheers

    James

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.