Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

clip attachment

Started by Steve Douglas ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

clip attachment

9 posts
  1. I am stymied. How do I post a clip on here? I have tried compression in iSquint, Compression and Flash and have gotten it down to 636kb. What is the file extension that is needed?

    Steve B)

  2. Hey Steve,

     

    Go to the in the top thread in this forum, "Pinned: How to embed YouTube, Google Video, Veoh, WMV, AVI, MPG, MOV." There you'll find code for embedding all kinds of files in forum posts. Then you can choose the file type best suited for you and your situation (web host/own server, or no web host/own server, etc., etc.). If you don't have access to a server, then you'll need to use one of the video web site services first (like YouTube, etc.), then embed the appropriate code for that video.

     

    Mary Lynn

    Edited by Mary Lynn
  3. As far as I know you can't embed a Flash Video clip (flv) in the forum unless it's serverd by YouTube, Google Video or Veoh.

  4. Thats my issue, just put something up on Youtube but there is no id number that I can see. Maybe I'm just dumb but I don't understand Eric's instructions to putting up the video from there to here. By the way, once uploaded to You Tube, the image looks like crap.

    Steve B)

  5. Thats my issue, just put something up on Youtube but there is no id number that I can see. Maybe I'm just dumb but I don't understand Eric's instructions to putting up the video from there to here. By the way, once uploaded to You Tube, the image looks like crap.

    Steve B)

     

    Hi Steve.

     

    Se the attached pic, it shows you where to find the numbers you need to embed the youtube video.

     

    post-7202-1171960292_thumb.jpg

     

    By the way, you could use www.livevideo.com instead, the quality is clearly better, but I don't know if the LiveVideo can be embedded into wetpixel.

     

    To campare the Youtube and LiveVideo see these 2 identical clips.

     

    YouTube clip

    LiveVideo clip

    Edited by skawdiver
  6. YouTube are basically doing the best quality they can while processing tons of videos and keeping the bandwidth down for quick downloading by an impatient market. The quality on Google Video is a little better than YouTube and it can be embedded here. Maybe Veoh is better too? But the videos won't reach the same size audience as YouTube.

  7. Hi Steve.

     

    I have send you a PM, but I now see that there is nothing in my "sent PM folder", so I am not sure that you got the PM.

     

    Did you ?

    Edited by skawdiver
  8. Skawdiver, Yep, thank you I did receive it. The same thing happened to me when I sent you a PM. There was nothing in my sent mail either. I appreciate the assistance, I can be dense sometimes.

    Steve B)

  9. If you remember, before you send a PM tick the box "Add a copy of this message to my sent items folder".

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.