Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

How to embed videos

Started by echeng ·

  • 31Posts
  • 31Replies

Read-only discussion

How to embed videos

31 posts
  1. Embedded movie policy:

    Only embed one movie per topic, if possible. Multiple movies on one page makes the page cluttered and makes life difficult for people on slow connections.

    --

    As of February 18, 2013, we support the following video embedding services:

     

    YouTube

    Google Video
    MySpace Video
    GameTrailers
    Flickr Image Set
    MP3
    Vimeo
    Lytro
    Flickr Video
    Windows Media Player (hosted .wmv files)
    To embed videos, just paste the URL into your message. If Wetpixel supports embedding, it will just work. Bbcode embeds will no longer work.

     

    Edited by echeng
  2. Thank you Eric..that´s great... May I suggest also to add yahoo videos,,,which also work fine and it´s free..( the system is equal to google.). Regards from Gran Canaria..

  3. It's may be complicated to get Yahoo Videos to work. Most of the videos on the site are pulled from other sites, so they can't be embedded via Yahoo.

     

    The yahoo videos have a two-part video id, so you'd have to decode the embed URL and split the two parts into bbcode parameters. I'll see if I can get it to work.

     

    Nope. Can't do it. They embed all sorts of crap in their code. :)

    Edited by echeng
  4. It does not concern Eric, only tried to know if possible outside. I do not have BB knowledge reason why it did not know this one difficulty. Thanks for your fast answer and work. A greeting

  5. WMV, AVI, MPG, and MOV now work. See amended first post in this topic.

  6. Good one Eric.

     

    As I understand it from a rights point of view, any videos from Google Video (non-paid) or YouTube are permitted to be embedded in these forums. I'm pretty sure users agree to that in the terms and conditions when they post their videos there.

  7. does anyone know if you can convert to slow motion in Windows movie maker? And if so, how?

  8. Joe -- this is an announcement/how-to thread. Please start another topic for your slomo question!

     

    Just added support for Veoh videos, per request from Giles.

  9. Eric - have you been able to get MP4s to play with their correct aspect ratio (eg 16:9) in either the windows media player, or quicktime player?

  10. Eric - have you been able to get MP4s to play with their correct aspect ratio (eg 16:9) in either the windows media player, or quicktime player?

    You mean, embedded in a Wetpixel post?

  11. yes embedded in Wetpixel posts - the MP4s play fine on my desktop from stand alone files in both Windows and Mac OS, but in the embedded Wetpixel posts the 16:9 reverts to 4:3 if embedded as Quicktime, or doesn't play if imbedded as WMV (although interestingly the blacked out rectangle is the right aspect ratio)

    Edited by NickJ
  12. Don't worry Eric (you probably weren't anyhow :blush: )

     

    I'll encode to .mov in the future under H.264 - the 16:9 can be hardwired in that format. Those should embed OK as 'native' Quicktime I think.

  13. hehehe. sorry about that.

     

    I'm not sure. I'm just calling their respective players from within here!

     

    H.264 is a better bet, I think. :blush:

  14. hehehe. sorry about that.

     

    I'm not sure. I'm just calling their respective players from within here!

     

    H.264 is a better bet, I think. :rolleyes:

     

     

    Eric

     

    Shawn was mentioning the 16:9 issues over here

     

    http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18436&hl=

     

    And I threw out a couple of thougts about embed ideas, thought I should point it out just in case it may help.

     

    Maybe not though :ninja:

  15. There is a limitation on how big quicktime (and I suspect all other formats) files can be. The tested dimensions are 480 x *** (*** denotes 16:9 or 4:3 or 5:4). Please be aware of this when embedding. Please also be aware that embedding too many videos in the same thread can mean a long download. :rolleyes:

  16. There was never an answer for this one. Would it be possible to get flash embed code?

     

    Does this work?

     

    [flash]http://www.flashkit.com/movies/Basics/rect_rot-Mehdi_Ah-10679/rect_rot-Mehdi_Ah-10679.swf[/flash]

     

    http://www.flashkit.com/movies/Basics/rect_rot-Mehdi_Ah-10679/rect_rot-Mehdi_Ah-10679.swf

     

    OK...nope :) But that would be cool - can we get that? I guess it would need a size specification or use a default size too.

  17. I can't allow embedded arbitrary flash code. It would compromise our security...

  18. Eric, would it be possible to add support for embedding videos from Brightcove and Stage6 (my favourite 2 sharing sites)? Revver would be good too if it's straightforward. Cheers

  19. Wow there are just so many now ... this would be super easy if we could just copy paste the embedding shar code ach site gives .... I have had to change video sites for a few reasons .. but most recently paramount now owning veoh means they dont share content outside the USA ... which is partially very wrong as I have content i uploaded that I own that I now can't even access to delete !

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.