Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

New Film Intro

Started by shawnh ·

  • 46Posts
  • 46Replies

Read-only discussion

New Film Intro

46 posts
  1. very nice!

    I love it, not to long, the speeding and the editing on the sound like the hamerheads GREAT

  2. (i would embed but no matter how i encode in compressor, comes out 4:3 :rolleyes: )

     

     

    Shawn

     

    Looks great, as some asides

     

    Make sure in the Source Insert Tab for the preset you are setting the proper pixel aspect, if need use custom frame size in ratio of 720 x 404(5) - it is usually better to make you own preset (can look at the premade ones for a guide) to get what you are looking for - presets drive me batty

     

    On the QT size also try this (adjust sizes and files as needed)

     

    <OBJECT classid='clsid:02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B' codebase='http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab' width="720" height="404" >

    <param name='src' value="BlueSphereIntroNew-Web.mov" >

    <param name='autoplay' value="true">

    <param name='controller' value="true">

    <param name='loop' value="false">

    <EMBED src= "BlueSphereIntroNew-Web.mov" width="720" height="404" loop="false" autoplay="true"

    controller="true" pluginspage='http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/'>

    </EMBED>

    </OBJECT>

     

     

    HTH

    Edited by TheRealDrew
  3. Very good, could be a commercial for the NGC!

  4. Looks great.

  5. That was fantastic! It looks very professional. I'm glad that someone here has that kind of talent to edit.

     

    During the "Majestic" sequence, are the Manta's supposed to be fast forwarding? or is it just my player? I think it was a little distracting if on purpose. My very humble opinion.

  6. Thanks everyone for the nice words...sounds like you enjoyed it:)

     

    Drew, I have locked down everything: Custom: Size: 720x360, Aspect: 16:9, Pixel: Square. These should force it to be exactly 16:9. I have toggled each of these individually with no success as well. Not sure what you wanted me to do with the code above? The settings look similar to mine though.

  7. that was pretty cool Shawn, nicely done

  8. Thanks everyone for the nice words...sounds like you enjoyed it:)

     

    Drew, I have locked down everything: Custom: Size: 720x360, Aspect: 16:9, Pixel: Square. These should force it to be exactly 16:9. I have toggled each of these individually with no success as well. Not sure what you wanted me to do with the code above? The settings look similar to mine though.

     

     

    It should be 720 x 405 or (360 x 202), ratios along those lines when using HDV or variations, the 720 x 360 would be off - the code was to embed into a page, did not know if you needed it or not or perhaps the embed code you were using was off

  9. I am editing in AIC 1080i. So it is no longer 1440x1080 but 1920x1080. The corresponding (and default) 16:9 is 720:360. When I change to the any other value, it is distorted:( I'll keep working on ideas:)

    Edited by shawnh
  10. I am editing in AIC 1080i. So it is no longer 1440x1080 but 1920x1080. The corresponding (and default) 16:9 is 720:360. When I change to the any other value, it is distorted:( I'll keep working on ideas:)

     

    On the Compressor side of things, just put in the sizes and then leave everything else unchanged to see if that helps with the 4:3 issue - a calculator for you also is here http://www.wideopendoors.net/design/aspect...calculator.html

     

    I may be missing something, but what you have on your site is 640 x 360 which is a variation on the 720 x 404 ratio, H.264 encoded QT movie - try this code (copy and past into bbEdit or whatever text editor or web authoring app you use and save it, upload it to your directory http://www.bluespheremedia.com/web-videos_files/ and it should work (just tested it and seemed okay to me and looked 16:9, though I am a bit tired and like I said may be missing something :rolleyes: )

     

     

     

    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"

    "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

    <html>

    <head>

    <title>Untitled</title>

    </head>

    <body>

    <OBJECT classid='clsid:02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B' codebase='http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab' width="640" height="360">

    <param name='src' value="BlueSphereIntroNew-Web.mov" >

    <param name='autoplay' value="true">

    <param name='controller' value="true">

    <param name='loop' value="false">

    <EMBED src= "BlueSphereIntroNew-Web.mov" width="640" height="360" loop="false" autoplay="true"

    controller="true" pluginspage='http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/'> </EMBED>

    </OBJECT>

     

    </body>

    </html>

  11. silly me...I meant 640x360:). Of course it is 720x404 if you are doing 720. I have been doing a bunch of NTSC stuff lately and had 720 stuck in my head.

     

    So at 640x360, i have no issues on my website. The issue is embedding in the wetpixel forum. Will this fix that?

    sorry for the confusion Drew...have a new baby and am geting less than 3-4 hours sleep a night.

  12. Hey not bad.

    Did you do that in motion?

  13. Yup. Motion is a great package for those of us without a dozen years of training in motion graphics:)...really Apple has done a great job with the package...think Photoshop meets video editing software.

    Edited by shawnh
  14. silly me...I meant 640x360:). Of course it is 720x404 if you are doing 720. I have been doing a bunch of NTSC stuff lately and had 720 stuck in my head.

     

    So at 640x360, i have no issues on my website. The issue is embedding in the wetpixel forum. Will this fix that?

    sorry for the confusion Drew...have a new baby and am geting less than 3-4 hours sleep a night.

     

     

    LOL, I was getting a bit lost myself. Having seen your posts I figured for sure I had to be missing something since you know your stuff. Congrats on the baby, my brother just had one and I can't understand him anymore either :rolleyes:

     

    As to the embed issue, I have not tried the system, but looking at the description the code is

     

    [quicktime]http://yourserver.com/yourmovie.mov/quicktime[/quicktime]

     

    It does not seem to pass/read the parameters for the item itself (height/width) - it seems that 16:9 gets read as 4:3 when using QT.

     

    http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14961

     

    Eric, maybe info on the size of the movie at end of the URL can be looked into for the QT? If height and/or width not specified then default to 4:3.

     

    [quicktime]http://yourserver.com/yourmovie.mov?h=640&w=360[/quicktime]

    Guess even just the height or width can be passed because then 16:9 can be calculated from there and scaled into the page

     

    Or maybe easier, another tag for QT 16:9 that just spews out a 16:9 size that is reasonable when it is encountered - such as QT 16:9 is always 360 x 202 or some other size that works in the context of the Forum

     

    [quicktime169]http://yourserver.com/yourmovie.mov/quicktime[/quicktime169]

    Edited by TheRealDrew
  15. Very cool – love the planet type blue sphere. Little irritated by the flying text, and the Spanish Dancer is off centre. The words may still need a little tweaking, eg ‘Reveal the Secrets’ is not what the viewer is doing - that is what you are doing, so ‘Discover the Secrets’ is more pertinent. I loved the schooling jacks, and when you get HD whale sharks in better viz you can replace that – what about the flying rays of Cocos?

     

    I like the ‘motion flare’ on the text, and the font, but the very aggressive fly-in is a little too much IMHO – maybe a softer entrance, or a less ‘wide’ fly-in?

     

    The overall look is really pro.

  16. Really well done. Odd that, for me, on a Mac, it opens as a 16x9.

    Steve B)

  17. Great input Nick...will look at all that stuff.

     

    Everyone...appeaers i confused the topic...sleep deprived. On my site, 16:9 is never an issue. My issue is embedding a 16:9 QT file in Wetpixel posts. Haven't been able to do it yet.

  18. Everyone...appeaers i confused the topic...sleep deprived. On my site, 16:9 is never an issue. My issue is embedding a 16:9 QT file in Wetpixel posts. Haven't been able to do it yet.

     

     

    Seems it can't be done right now from what I saw above :rolleyes:

    Edited by TheRealDrew
  19. I have given up embedding on WP for this reason. Trying to get a 16:9 display is not possible it seems, unless one re-encodes the whole clip as a letter box - ie 4:3 with the 16:9 material letterboxed inside. This is too much extra work IMHO!

     

    A link to an external site works fine of course, although it would be cool to have the immediacy of a quick clip on WP in all its intended widescreen glory :rolleyes:

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.