Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

New Film Intro

Started by shawnh ·

  • 46Posts
  • 46Replies

Read-only discussion

New Film Intro

46 posts
  1. Guys here is a 320/180 H.264 one I did.

    2 megs. Hows it look.

     

  2. Hey Shawn,

     

    It's really cool!! I love the ramping!! Thought you did a great job with the cutting, the sound and the graphics. A great job!

     

    Mary Lynn

  3. Thank you Mary Lynn...i worked hard to make things line up:)

     

    Wags....as always you are my hero. Can you post settings (in detail) you used to get this? Perhaps it is a Compressor thing?

  4. Shawn how long has it taken you to get the intro to this stage?

     

    Settings.....I just encoded it straight out of an EDIUS 1440/1080 timeline as a QT H.264 320/180 1.1 aspect ratio.

     

    post-4240-1176006467_thumb.jpg

  5. Works the same for me in Compressor or direct from FCP. I get 16:9 results when I want it. Must be your settings Shawn.

  6. Works the same for me in Compressor or direct from FCP. I get 16:9 results when I want it. Must be your settings Shawn.

     

     

    Do you know which item in the encoder may prevent it from embedding in Wetpixel page at 16:9 using the bbCode?

     

    Maybe I need to buy Edius :rolleyes:

    Edited by TheRealDrew
  7. Just done in 3 minutes to show it can be done. I used compressor on 4:3 video forced to 16:9. Nothing wrong with Compressor or FCP or even Quicktime. Although if I remember correctly, Quicktime had this bug in V.5 or 6 but was quickly corrected.

    I believe the embedding limits the size to 480 x ***. Size matters :rolleyes:

    Edited by Drew
  8. Just done in 3 minutes to show it can be done. I used compressor on 4:3 video forced to 16:9. Nothing wrong with Compressor or FCP or even Quicktime. Although if I remember correctly, Quicktime had this bug in V.5 or 6 but was quickly corrected.

     

     

    That was alot of fun to watch :rolleyes:

     

    As to Shawn's issue is their is a size limit (width/height) to movies which could be causing the issue since you and Wagsy have the Quicktime happening?

    Edited by TheRealDrew
  9. Could be size or the limitation of Invision software. Seems to work now. :rolleyes:

    Edited by Drew
  10. Drew,

    Thanks for the help. Looks like you nailed it. 640x_ is too big. The 320x works just fine...I guess i will keep the vids under 480x_.

     

    Wags,

    I worded on this for a couple of long evenings. Truth be told, it took that long b/c my MacBook pro is just not equiped to run Motion with that many render effects. I will be solving that shortly with a desktop.

     

    How's this look:

  11. Could be size or the limitation of Invision software. Seems to work now. :rolleyes:

     

     

    Eureka!!! :ninja:

    Edited by Drew
  12. What's with the big white border? When I play on a Windows machine in the office (will try with the Mac tonight) the little old 320x180 floats in the midst of a huge white border. Also at 320x the res is pretty awful.

     

    I wonder whether a sligthly bigger custom setting to make full use of all that white space would work. eg 480x270? - needs experimentation

     

    Nevertheless - progress to show a fast and dirty embed! good input guys.

  13. Just done in 3 minutes to show it can be done. I used compressor on 4:3 video forced to 16:9. Nothing wrong with Compressor or FCP or even Quicktime. Although if I remember correctly, Quicktime had this bug in V.5 or 6 but was quickly corrected.

    I believe the embedding limits the size to 480 x ***. Size matters :ninja:

     

     

    Hey what happend to the movie? I was going to show it to someone (thought it was cool) and the post changed :rolleyes:

  14. Sorry too many embeds make this page VERY large to read. Quicktime loads automatically as default, which is really not right. The actual video is linked somewhere in the archives.

    Edited by Drew
  15. Ha - was Drew's embed at 480x ? That would resolve that question.

     

    There was no embedded vid in Drew's post when I logged on an hour ago.......

  16. Ha - was Drew's embed at 480x ? That would resolve that question.

     

    There was no embedded vid in Drew's post when I logged on an hour ago.......

     

     

    Yup, there was the video and no mention of the size limit, hence my post after suggesting the movie was cool and it might be the size limit issue, then no movie and the mention of the size limit - I am now going to start drinking to justify my confusion :rolleyes::ninja::ninja:;) I love those things :lol:

  17. I am now going to start drinking to justify my confusion :rolleyes::ninja::ninja:;) I love those things :lol:

     

    'those things' = the drinks? or the things in Drew's retracted video? (which of course are unknown to us who haven't seen this video of unspecific dimensions) <_<

  18. This post is quickly becoming a classic!

  19. 'those things' = the drinks? or the things in Drew's retracted video? (which of course are unknown to us who haven't seen this video of unspecific dimensions) <_<

     

     

    Actually these things :D:P:D:guiness::guiness::guiness::guiness::guiness::guiness:

     

    This post is quickly becoming a classic!

     

     

    It was a dark and gloomy night.......

  20. That's a really classy intro Shawn. I can almost smell the popcorn.

     

    Makes me realise more and more that I should concentrate on stock footage and leave fancy editing like that to people who actually have talent at it :D

     

    I found the speeded-up bits a bit unnecessary, especially on the manta and whale shark. I would just stick with the slomo or real speed.

     

    The pacing of the text ("explore the secrets" etc.) is a little too fast for me. I would let them linger an extra half second each.

     

    Also on a purely personal note, I find those waily, "impending doom", female vocals a bit too fashionable since they were done to death in "Troy". They seem to be used all over the place these days.

    Edited by Nick Hope

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.