Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

HDV zoomed in with DV

Started by wagsy ·

  • 24Posts
  • 24Replies

Read-only discussion

HDV zoomed in with DV

24 posts
  1. Great info there Liz.

    Now we all have an excuse to buy a Play Station :D

    .....But baby we need it so we can watch our HD stuff ;)

  2. Damn, I already have an Xbox 360! Not sure how I swung that - oh yes, it came at 1/2 price with the last hi-def screen I bought, a 27" Samsung LCD for video editing. In other words I spent extra money on top of the LCD, ie 1/2 the cost of the Xbox, so I could er ... save money at some time - don't you love marketing and the mugs who fall for it <_< Oh yes I hardly ever use the Xbox, except to demo Rumble Roses XXX in HD - but that's another story ;)

     

    There are other options. Most the TV showrooms stream HD to their HDMI or DVI ports from hard disk servers, and I also remember seeing some rather proprietary HDD TV recorders some time back that could save and therefore playback HD files. Anyone know of a cheap (sorry, cost effective) set top recorder today that does that - ie allow one to save HD from a NLE and then playback in the living room?

     

    You'd think there was a way to attach a small external Matrox or similar 300 or 500 gig HDD to your home theater flat screen to achieve the same thing. Hmmm I guess it would need an O/S of some sort ... needs investigating ... anyone got suggestions?

  3. Hmmm I guess it would need an O/S of some sort ... needs investigating ... anyone got suggestions?
    Connect a Windows mediacenter PC, to your HDready LCD TV, and convert your Mpeg2 HD video to WMV HD. That will do the trick. More on WMV HD here.

     

    On the other hand, you could also buy a KISS HD media player, plays DivX HD video :D

     

    And guess what - it's made in Denmark ;)

    Edited by skawdiver
  4. There are stacks of cheap DVD players and DVD recorders in the shops here that advertise playback of WMV and/or DivX. Samsung, Sony, LG etc.. Could they not playback HD (1080 lines) WMV or DivX files recorded to DVD+/-R or the internal hard drive?

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.