Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Insurance - who does everyone use?

Started by HelenJane ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Insurance - who does everyone use?

8 posts
  1. Dear all,

     

    I have a Nikon D70, Nexus housing wide angle and macro lens and ports plus two inon strobes.

     

    I've had the set up for a year and started with divemaster insurance which is now up for renewal.

    Speaking to someone who does alot of uw photography recently, they said they put all their gear on the house insurance.....

     

    The renewal for the DM insurance is going to be about £250. My thoughts are that if the whole gear bag is nicked on holiday, the house insurance should cover it if its named. If the DM insurance only covers against flooding I'm not sure its really worth it, given that I can pick up a second hand D70 fairly cheaply on ebay....

     

    What does everyone else do regarding this??

     

    Many thanks

    Helen

  2. I think Divemaster covers flooding too.

     

    It is silly expensive though, my premium is about £700, but the way i see it is i've flooded a D70 and 12-24mm before, without insurance, and that hurt to replace!

     

    I want to get Nikonians Insurance but ive yet to hear of anyone claiming on it, if i was sure it was legit i'd use it, but at the moment i'd rather stick with a company that i know will pay out if i have to make a claim.

  3. Look this thread

  4. HI,

    have a look at BUDDY insurance, it is very reasonable they have tree different

    levels. It covers all dive kit & photographic kit, it also covers floods.

    www.buddyindepth.co.uk or call 0870 905 6569 hope this hgelps

    Andy ;):D

  5. I queried this with my household insurance. Basically they said if I add accidental cover outside of the home i would be covered. If the item is over 1000 pounds it also needs to be specified.

     

    I said if it flooded would it still be covered and they said yes sure under the accidental.

     

    Well maybe you wouldnt take their word for it but I took down the name and time I spoke to the girl and by law they would have to honour their advice.

     

    Anyways its cost about £50 extra per year to do this.

  6. In the USA, you can typically cover your camera equipment on a Personal Articles Rider purchased separately with your homeowner's insurance. It's similar to covering jewelry, computers, etc. You'll need to list each item for coverage, serial number and value. Keep receipts. This is "all risk" coverage that includes any kind of loss. With my insurer, the cost is about $1.50 per $100 of scheduled value per year ... roughly $150 per year for $10,000 of scheduled equipment. I update my schedule regularly when I purchase new equipment or sell old equipment. Also, it's a good idea to adjust the values each year as the equipment gets older. For example, no need to keep a D100 on the schedule at $1,700 (original new price) today.

  7. We have AAA homeowners coverage and after my agent checked with underwriting, they told us that ours would NOT be covered in the event of flood, just loss, so we've continued with DEPP with all claims being paid promptly....

  8. How about DAN? I've heard that they will cover your camera from theft and flood. True??

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.