I have been using Velvia and Provia for quite some time now, and in general terms I am extremely satisfied with results of velvia using strobe...... but here comes the point. I was recently diving on a site south from where I live in Bangkok ( Thailand ) , and a the end of the dive, I was at about 3 meters, beautiful coral, clear water, and a burning sun. Took pics in bright sunlight, and at different F-stops to test the results, and what did I get.......... a blue haze of a picture when not using the strobes, eventhough I could see very nicely the beautiful.
It confuses me, because back on the boat, I can take a picture above water which is so beautiful. Is there any hope for veliva underwater just under the surface without strobes, or do I need to move to different film for such shots. If so, what film. I am not impressed with Kodak ( V100 I think)
Advice appreciated.