Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Underwater Photography magazine website

Started by PeterRowlands ·

  • 23Posts
  • 23Replies

Read-only discussion

Underwater Photography magazine website

23 posts
  1. If your own UWP server was setup to act as the 'tracker' (that is, the computer that keeps 'track' of how many people are downloading/uploading/transferring each file), then you'd absolutely have full statistics for downloads.

     

    The only reason you wouldn't is if people decided to set up the torrent (the file, effectively) on another tracker - effectively, as if they volunteered to put the PDF on their own website for people to download. I think that'd be unlikely, though.

  2. Hi Peter

     

    Check out servage.net. My partner and I have used this host for a couple of years now and we would recommend them to anyone. We have multiple sites running with them and haven't had any problems while using them.

     

    You get 310gb space and 3000gb per month bandwidth plus other stuff and it is cheap.

     

    Use this link when you sign up and you will get extras, so do we.

     

    http://www.servage.net/?coupon=cust11420

     

    Hi all and especially scubamargie

    Many thanks for all your help and suggestions. I've just signed up with www.servage.net and we'll see how it goes

    Best wishes

    Peter Rowlands

  3. I like your Mag lots and didn't want to see it go the way of the dinosaur. We haven't had any problem with servage, so I suggested it.

     

    I don't think you will be dissappointed Peter.

    Edited by scubamargie
Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.