Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

What laptop are you using for travel?

Started by aprest ·

  • 24Posts
  • 24Replies

Read-only discussion

What laptop are you using for travel?

24 posts
  1. I bought at costco and use a WD 160 GB external usb drive. thin light works great

  2. Sony Vaio TX series, tiny, long battery life and built-in DVD burner for under 4lbs. Load up on ram. Expensive but worth it.

    Edited by tx51210
  3. If you are desperate to cut weight and will only use the laptop plugged in you could consider leaving the battery pack at home. Probably saves enough weight to bring along that external harddrive. Just remember that by doing this you loose your build-in UPS, so if power-supply at your destination is unreliable you better save your work regularly.

     

    Bart

  4. I had a tiny Dell that weighed in at just under 4lbs. The screen crapped out so I bought a larger Lenovo (IBM).

     

    It's not the smallest model, but it's fairly light. The difference is I can type like a normal person. The Dell keyboard was too crammed or my fingers too fat.

     

    I have a portable hard drive to backup files. It is powered by the PC so no power cord.

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.