It's rare (and with some trepidation) that I even consider disagreeing with James about anything, but I'm with iggy and jcclink on this one. I do a lot of liveaboard trips in the tropics (and nowhere else), and I see a lot of people having trouble with condensation. Invariably, it seems, this involves housings (usually acrylic, but sometimes aluminum) and other components that have been chilled by being held in an air conditioned cabin. I see people trying to deal with this by sticking bags of silica gel, tampons, and tissues around the housing, muttering imprecations, even prayer. And I tell them, just keep your housing, camera and lenses out of your cabin.
At home, my cameras and lenses live in air-conditioned and dehumidified powered dry boxes in a room that is air conditioned most of the time. These are absolutely wonderful if you live in the tropics and don't like fungus growing inside your lenses! On the boat, however, it's a major rule that my cameras, lenses, and housings stay out of heavy cabin air conditioning. (Inside is fine, as long as it isn't an air conditioned space, and I don't leave anything in the sun.) If I need to keep stuff in an a/c cabin, I let it warm to non-a/c room temperature for at least a couple of hours before opening anything up, changing lenses, etc. I've never had trouble with fogging. (I have an aluminum housing by Subal. I don't use silica gel or other dessicants in the housing.)
I think I understand the point James is making, but I'm not sure it applies to most liveaboards that I've been on. James seems to be assuming that a/c cabin air is really dry, which simply isn't always the case on a boat. With a damp towel and a couple of wet suits hanging in the room, and water on the floor of an en suite shower/bath, the humidity in an a/c cabin can be at least as high as it outside or in a simply ventilated space, and some times much higher.
Frogfish