Skip to content

Copyright Issues, Non-Payment, Fraud, Theft / Archived topic

Adventure H2o Issues

Started by echeng ·

  • 24Posts
  • 24Replies

Read-only discussion

Adventure H2o Issues

24 posts
  1. Unfortunately, I only have the information that people have sent me directly. Someone I know who was promised a refund by the 15th has still not received it.

  2. The check from Steve Jacobs to my travel agent bounced. I just received word.

  3. I believe the refunds were sent via a "sight draft" which is not a check per se. Some small local banks may not recognize it, but as one client notes, his brokerage firm did.

    I have processed these through my local Washington Mutual bank branch and it took about 4 weeks for the hard copy to round trip to Sing.

     

    I spoke to Steve recently and he said "all but 2 have been refunded; the 2 were clouded contractually"(???).

    He has settled with me on a satisfactory basis and I have received the funds for myself and one additional US client.

     

    He was instrumental in helping the crew members get placed.

    Made and Ali are here www.archipelago-fleet.com Rudy and Aguts went with the boat.

     

    The operation took 3 major hits this year:

     

    1. When the ship was chartered to the surfing business, only 6 months had to be sold to the diving market. This year that went to 12 months to fill and it was not happening

    2. Larry had a major name and following; his passing hurt the operation and marketing

    3. The engine problem developed and the boat needed to at least go to Bali if not to Aus.for an indeterminate time

     

    The ship was a capital investment and it was not now providing the requisite ROI.

    If you had $1.5mil on your table to invest, would you buy a dive boat and operate it in one of the most remote areas of the world?

     

    A sad ending for the best live aboard of the 64 trips we have been on.

    R I P

  4. Refund received. End of the story for me personally. I won't bother addressing the tripe in the previous post.

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.