Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Mini HD/Blu-ray DVD's

Started by wagsy ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Mini HD/Blu-ray DVD's

8 posts
  1. Our Naturally Ningaloo DVD has been made into a Blu-ray DVD by a company on the east coast of AUS.

     

    It got me thinking and was wondering if one can author a Blu-ray to specs and burn in onto a normal DVD (red laser) disk. If so would it play in a Blu-ray player. Waiting on some software to try this out.

     

    I have been reading that you can author a HD DVD and burn it to a normal DVD disk and it will play on a HD DVD player. Have some software now and will try it out.

     

    I suppose you could get about 15/ 20 mins on a disk.

    Anyone have more information about doing this. :lol:

  2. O yeh

    Forgot about that :lol:

  3. OKAY for you PC folks.

     

    I encoded out a HD Program Stream, 1920/1080 MPEG2 CBR 18500kbps file straight out of a EDIUS HDV timeline.

     

    Using Unlead DVD movie factory I compiled it to a HDVDVD_TS folder on the hardrive.

     

    Burnt that file to a DATA DVD-r disk.

     

    Downloaded the latest VLC player and directed it to the HDDVD_TS folder on the DVD and away it went.

    Looks great :lol:

     

    I also tried making some menus and stuff but VLC had a hard time with them.

    I'll try it on a HDDVD player when I find one. ^_^

    Edited by wagsy
  4. OKAY for you PC folks.

     

    I encoded out a HD Program Stream, 1920/1080 MPEG2 CBR 18500kbps file straight out of a EDIUS HDV timeline.

     

    Using Unlead DVD movie factory I compiled it to a HDVDVD_TS folder on the hardrive.

     

    Burnt that file to a DATA DVD-r disk.

     

    Downloaded the latest VLC player and directed it to the HDDVD_TS folder on the DVD and away it went.

    Looks great :lol:

     

    I also tried making some menus and stuff but VLC had a hard time with them.

    I'll try it on a HDDVD player when I find one. ^_^

    Thanks for looking into this Wags. I'm very interested in this topic but hadn't researched it yet. I know that there are different lazers being used for the different formats, but if they were to invoke the same code then it would seem like a possibility. Look forward to hearing how the testing goes!

  5. Nero just emailed me an ad this morning for Nero 7 Reloaded.

     

    They talk about HD-DVD and Bluray a lot but it's not 100% clear to me whether this includes burning to a normal DVD+-R.

     

    There is an HD Plugin for it too for authoring/editing and PC playback.

     

    The upgrade from version 6 is 38.99 Euros and the plugin is USD29.99.

  6. Hey Nick

    I'll try out Nero, as long as it does not take over my computer with all it's other rubbish.

     

    Also from what I read, so far you you cannot make a mini Bluray onto a normal DVD-r DVD diks.

    HD DVD you can though.

     

    Unlead DVD movie factory 6 seems to be too basic and runs very slow on my computer. I think they need to work on it more. It also takes quite abit of time to empty the memory once you close the program down. I don't like the feel of it. :lol:

     

    Hopefull the boys at www.mediachance.com will make a DVD lab pro version to make them with as I hate ones that hold your hand & limit what you can do.

    Edited by wagsy
  7. Just tried Nero 7 only to quickly uninstall it forever from my computer. :lol:

     

    Why do they make software full of so much other rubbish, it was a huge install. ^_^

    And why did it install a nero quick search on my taskbar?

     

    And it left over 600megs of temp files after I had unistalled it as well.

     

    All I wanted was some simple software to burn with :)

    Edited by wagsy
Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.