Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Nikon D2X vs D200 - need advice

Started by ViperDoc ·

  • 23Posts
  • 23Replies

Read-only discussion

Nikon D2X vs D200 - need advice

23 posts
  1. So, John, are you saying that we should be shorting digital camera futures? Now that I know how much your London flat is worth, I think you should buy the drinks the next time we meet.

     

    On the subject, I've now got two D2Xs. The second body is the land camera and also the back-up for the body in the housing. I do several longish liveaboard trips each year, so I like having that redundancy, though it didn't come cheap.

     

    Had I known that something like the D200 was going to come out as soon after the D2X as it did, I probably would have waited and gone with that. But I didn't know at the time. In any case, I've never had more fun and satisfaction shooting than I have since I've been shooting the D2X. Those bodies may not have been great investments, but in the course of an errant life I've managed to find worse things to waste money on that a wonderfully capable camera like this one.

     

    Frogfish (Robert Delfs)

  2. In any case, I've never had more fun and satisfaction shooting than I have since I've been shooting the D2X.

     

    That is all that matters (to me at least), and exactly how I feel too... Every time I dive with my D2x it is a joy, everything works how it is supposed to.

  3. Simon, I have a son like you. I bought a flat as an investment only in West London for ?140000 five years ago. He said owning property was a pain. The one next to it just sold for ?340000. (I still owe ?140000 on a mortgage on mine but I can collect the same again just for possessing the flat.) The house I bought for ?300000 ten years ago has been assessed as commanding something in the region of ?1.5- 2m. Property in the UK will make you more money than you can ever earn. At last I have persuaded him to buy but all he can now afford is a one bed flat in SE London for ?160000 and I gave him the deposit! I bought my first house in 1974 for ?12000. It scared me to death at the time.

    All the digital equipment I bought is now worth ... Don't ask!

     

     

    Hey John

     

    How about stacking up a bunch of D2XS boxes on a bit of land in London and selling them as a new style of London living? They'd probably be worth more than the cameras......

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.