Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Canon G7 [WP-DC11 Housing]

Started by sodanam ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

Canon G7 [WP-DC11 Housing]

10 posts
  1. Anyone have any Idea?

     

    I can not adjust f-stop or shutter speed when my G7 is in the canon housing[WP-DC11].

    It does not have dial button on the housing.

     

    Are there anyway to adjust f-stop or shutter speed with this housing?

     

    Please give me your suggestion.

     

    In addition, Is Ikelite housing adjustable this function?

    If somebody has an Ikelite housing, Please, post your snap shot of the back of your housing.

     

    Thank you for all reply.

  2. It is possible to adjust the f-stop and shutter speed. The canon housing manual should contain the instructions. Instead of the dial, you need to press two buttons at the same time. I was using this camera (which belonged to a friend) and if I remember correctly, one of the buttons on the top left hand side of the housing needs to be pressed together with the up/down buttons.

     

    Good luck

     

    MJ

  3. It is possible to adjust the f-stop and shutter speed. The canon housing manual should contain the instructions. Instead of the dial, you need to press two buttons at the same time. I was using this camera (which belonged to a friend) and if I remember correctly, one of the buttons on the top left hand side of the housing needs to be pressed together with the up/down buttons.

     

    Good luck

     

    MJ

     

     

    I got it :)

     

    Thank you very much.

     

    I'm stupid for a long time.

     

     

    May I ask some addition question?

     

    I can not control white balance when I use strobe(Inon 2000S TTL Mode).

    The color is too red, I can not use custom white balance to measure it.

    I do not like to use photoshop, even though I can use it.

     

    Thank you for your reply.

  4. I left it on Auto WB the last time with an Inon D2000 strobe. Are you using the underwater mode? The pictures came out a bit too red for me too when I put it on underwater mode. But they were fine when I switched back to AWB.

     

    Hope that helps

     

    MJ

  5. I used P mode and I manually evaluate white balance. I will try AWB next time. Have you ever compare AWB and manual? Which one is better? Thank you.

  6. Thank you very much for your information.

     

    I'm so lucky that I get in the right place.

     

    Thank you very much MJ.

  7. You're welcome! Glad to be of some help. I always post my questions in these forums and always receive constructive response. Nice to be able to contribute occasionally. :)

  8. If the G7 has a tendency to oversaturate the reds like most of the Canon point n shoots, Inon sells a blue color diffuser that they recommend for Canon point and shoots with which don't have MWB.

  9. If you want to use manual WB and strobe at the same time you have to make sure that the strobe is lighting up what you are white balancing off of. If you manually white balance without strobe and then introduce the strobe after then yes your photo will be red.

     

    When using strobe, as Mak Jing states, its easier to use AWB or flash white balance or my personal fave, cloudy

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.