Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Final Cut Pro Crashing when Log and Capture

Started by jonny shaw ·

  • 23Posts
  • 23Replies

Read-only discussion

Final Cut Pro Crashing when Log and Capture

23 posts
  1. Hi Steve,

    I took a look at Media Manager for the first time yesterday as a result of reading Shawnh's mail above. I had never used Media Manager before that. I opted not to use it when I saw the dreaded "Recompress" option when using that. I think you were getting a bit misguided by my post.

     

    I have seen a better rendition of my clips now that I am taking the HDV masters and converting the clips to AIC60i files. Either way you look at it, seeing as its not prudent to capture as AIC60i, this will always be a long, drawn out and painful process. If it was easy and problem free then everyone would be doing it.

     

    Just to clear that up.

     

    Cheers,

    Mark.

    :D

  2. Thanks for the help guys, problem solved.

    Just needed to change the user prefrences regarding capture. I also realised that if I don 't put the camera in VCR mode when shooting to look at footage the timecode does not reset thus doesn't cause the problem.

     

    Jon

  3. Glad to hear you got it sorted.

     

    Happy shooting.

    Mark.

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.